Paint chip repair

Discuss all aspects of paintless dent repair, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
AGN

Paint chip repair

Post by AGN »

Anyone here do paint chip repair or dent removal?

I am interested in possible adding these to my existing auto glass replacement business. Thanks.

[Ninja]
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Paint chip repair

Post by screenman »

See the PDR section of this forum. Sorry no time to write more everyone have a good Christmas.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I added Paint Chip and Scratch repair a couple years ago tripled my income and I now tend to work at the same dealership all day rather than driving all over the place to do a repair here and a repair there. It was the best money I ever spent
Dennis Rundle

Post by Dennis Rundle »

Hi everybody,
I'm a new Delta Kits guy, killer kit great people, awesome training, I also want to
add paint chip repair to w/r.
Does any one have any info on good training schools, if so do write back !!!
Thanks,
Dennis Rundle
Dennis Rundle

Post by Dennis Rundle »

Any body doing bumper repair, what about panel repair, if so where did you find training, how much was it and are they still in business ?

Dennis Rundle
screenman

Post by screenman »

Go careful on training schools many are there to just sell you kits and give very little support afterwards. Have a look on the Doording forum for a lot of information on this subject.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

yes be very carefull about paint touch up systems .With a little homework you can duplicate any system including the SSR type systems for a fraction of the price and not be held hostage by a Franchise type company that makes its money selling training and systems(not rocket science)instead of supplys.Once they have your money you are generally toast...........Like screenman says check out the Doording forum and there is a good entry level system advertised that will get you started for very little outlay of $$$ Just remember a touchup is just that and no wipe on wipe off wipe on buff off system will replace repainting it.Its just that a touchup.Micro repair or Smart repair is the trend of the recon industry and this along with your basic t/up is a good direction to look in to.