What is Paintless Dent Repair?

Discuss all aspects of paintless dent repair, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
GTECH

Re: Cold weather repairs

Post by GTECH »

i am looking to get into PDR, how should i go about getting my training, you mentioned some schools ??any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: What is Paintless Dent Repair?

Post by Brent Deines »

I don't know all that much about PDR, but depending on how big of a hurry you are in I would suggest that you visit the Mobile Tech Expo in January. There will you will see several of the top PDR manufacturers/suppliers and will have the opportunity to see many of them in action at the PDR competitions.

The Mobile Tech Expo is put on by Sun King Publishing, who also distributes the Mobile Tech News and Detailer's Digest, both of which are very good resources for the PDR industry.

Send me a private message if you would like their contact info.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

GTech, it would reaaly help if we knew where you were. I would say in the States look for Topgun PDR training. Also look at doording .com.
PDR is far harder to master than screen repair, you will need a good few weeks proffesional training and many months of practise before you could go out on the road.

Oh and the failure rate for most PDR training mills is at least 99%. We feel that for every 400 guys that do PDR training only 2 or 3 at most will ever earn a living from it.
I have been doing PDR for about 10 years and there are still days when the dents kick my butt.

Is it worth doing? you bet.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
Dennis Rundle

Post by Dennis Rundle »

HI every body, great dent stories, I am also considering pdr, can any one tell me about Ding King ? Are their classes as good as they calim, ...
thanks,
dennis rundle
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

Save your money, its just a mill, the ads are impressive but ads always tell you what you want to hear and not necessarily the truth you need.

The advice about the Doording forum and Mobile tech expo is Good advice, Take it.
alannmorriss
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by alannmorriss »

chips1144 wrote:the ads are impressive but ads always tell you what you want to hear and not necessarily the truth you need..
The ads are not so impressive and the ads don`t tell me that I need to hear ( usually )
BillLaw

Post by BillLaw »

This sounds like an interesting business. Thanks for the link KDP.
chipawaymobile

Post by chipawaymobile »

I agree, thanks for the info.
xander

Post by xander »

PDR is an art that takes thousands of hours of practice.