PDR training?

Discuss all aspects of paintless dent repair, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
PortMerc

PDR training?

Post by PortMerc »

Anyone have a good suggestion on where I can train to do PDR in Portland OR?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: PDR training?

Post by screenman »

Do not go to a training mill, try Top Gun, you will be very lucky if you find someoneon your doorstep to train you. PDR takes months and months of dedicated training to learn, if you are not prepared to practise 4 hours per day for at least 3 months keep your money in your pocket.

How do I know, I run a PDR training school in the UK. The success rate for people attending training in your country i spossibly as low as only 1 in every 400 go on to make a living from dents.

Whatever you do look up Top Gun PDR training on Google and read what they have to say.

Let me know how you get on please.
PortMerc

Post by PortMerc »

Thank you!
jasonsresin

Post by jasonsresin »

i just bought a training video from a very popular auction site. 90 min long. must be something good in there. i already go to the dealers so i have quite the advantage compared to someone starting from scratch.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I am not sure what you mean by having a bit of a start on someone starting from scratch, do not expect PDR to be as easy as WSR to learn, if the DVD is from a quality company the first thing it will tell you is to get proper training. Proper training will get you into the market far quicker than trying to go it alone. If time is money the quicker you start doing something the more you earn in your time left in work.

For a kick off if you are not already doing so spend a good deal of time on the doording.com forum and pay for the PPV section it is money well spent.