Insurance Billing For PDR

Discuss all aspects of paintless dent repair, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
Norrisnet

Post by Norrisnet »

Hey Everyone,

How are you guys billing insurance companies for PDR work?

Do you bill them directly or use a network?

Also... Coitster.... I like your ideas.... I have been in the electronics business for 13 years now and the referral part was the key...

I'm new to the windshield repair and the PDR business, but i'm looking forward to the new adventure...

Keep up the great work :D ... It is nice to see a forum like this!!!

Thanks
Norrisnet :D
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Insurance Billing For PDR

Post by Coitster »

Welcome to the forum Norrisnet,
Insurance will only pay for PDR if it is like hail. They handle dents differently then windshield repair. I would like to see at some point the insurance companies start covering PDR but as of now its only hail. If you have someone that has door dings insurance won't cover that.
David
Coitster
Glass
Norrisnet

Post by Norrisnet »

David Thanks....

I just wanted to make sure....

I look forward to talking with you & the others...

I wish I had a forum like this many years ago when I started in business... I would have saved so much money....

Thanks Again
Norrisnet
thedentdude

windshield guide

Post by thedentdude »

If you want to do insurance work the only way right now for door dings is to get in with auto body shops. What they do is estimate the car and then just pay you for the work you do. My insurance guy was a claims adjuster for State Farm for 16 years and we have had this conversation. But hopefully one day insurance companies will do the same for dents as windshields.
Tony DiLorenzo
The Dent Dude
http://www.thedentdude.com
Coitster

Appreciation for your input

Post by Coitster »

Actualy they are going to start doing that for door dings. Their is a test going on in California right now with 15 insurance companies where they are paying PDR guys for door dings and waiving deductables. Within the next yea and year and a half all major insurance companies will be doing it nationwide.
David
Coitster
Glass
thedentdude

graphics

Post by thedentdude »

If the company you are talking about is SRN there isn't much happening right now. The guys that I have spoken to in the San Diego area did some work but nothing as of recently. Who is the company? Have they been in the PDR business for more than a year? Do they want all their tech to be certified at $1500+ and then maybe get some work out of it?

I am just sceptical of these companies since I have been hearing this for the last 7 years and nothing has happened.

Don't get me wrong though. If it goes this way it would be great for the whole PDR industry. Just not sure if it will.
Tony DiLorenzo
The Dent Dude
http://www.thedentdude.com
AH-A/G

Re: Insurance Billing For PDR

Post by AH-A/G »

Dont let the networks and insurance get involved with the PDR industry, they will mess it up just like with the auto glass repair and replacment industry. you will end up doing a job for $ 15 -$25.00 for the insurance company where as you could charge $50- $ 85 for the same job on the retail side of things . Insurance and network dont always mean more jobs either we spent alot of money to get set up just to do work for Lynx, State Farm and Allstate and we're lucky if e see 5 - 10 jobs a month. We are lucky if we make any profit at all on some of the jobs.

On the PDR side of things we bill the customer and wholesale or retail and we dont even mess with the insurance companies.