Another added service

Discuss all aspects of paintless dent repair, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
schotz1
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Another added service

Post by schotz1 »

I ran across this a few years back and thought I would share. I was at a used car lot looking for a car for my daughter. I looked at one that had some strange marks on the seat, I wouldn't have noticed but there was a awful lot of them. Talking to the salesman he informed me that there was extensive cigarette burns in the seats and had them repaired. My pickup had a few marks from the previous owner and I thought I would buy the repair equiptment. I searched high and low. Nothing existed. So, being it was my own vehical I experimented. I took a small chunk of foam from underneath the seat and used a little adhesive to fill the majority of the hole. Then I took a razor blade and gently shaved some fuzz from the underside of the seat. I applied a light layer of advesive on the foam and topped with the fuzz I shave from the underside of the seat. Amazing results ! ! ! It matched perfectly. Even with a speckeled pattern I got the burn marks to disappear very well. Kind of like a rock chip, not completely gone but a heck of a lot better. It sure beats replacing a seat cushion $ $ $ $ $ Extremely easy and I'm the only one offering this type of repair.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Another added service

Post by t4k »

I see this done every day. Interior guys do the seats and carpet using a similar procedure.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Another added service

Post by Brent Deines »

I did a bit of this when I still owned a glass shop. I also did vinyl repair, pin striping, window tinting, etc. I have to admit I never got real good at any of those things but I know people who can make seats look like new almost every time. The velour repair is probably the easiest of all of these things to do well without a great deal of practice but now days it seems more and more cars come with leather standard.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.