What do you ride

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: What do you ride

Post by GlassStarz »

Sector 9 longboard 50mph no helmet no pads if I suddenly stop posting here you will know I bounced (held the World Downhill speed record for a short while)
gt_repair

Post by gt_repair »

Brent

I have not found any one to hand over their keys if they know my back ground.

I do not ride now days but I do test drive friends bikes when asked. We just have so many jurks with four wheels out here like others. and a lot of old farts that should not be behind the wheel. This weekend a Harley rider was killed from and old fart not able to see the bikers again.. I will keep the ATV in the ditches and feilds. I feel safer there. I have a 650 Honda Rincon with over sized tractor lug tires that drives over the small mesquite trees.

I never got the fear of bikes, but my family did and kinda put the breaks on when I was younger... My mom said I can ride again over her dead body.... SSSSOOOOOO I had to ask,,,, When will that be? I did duck at that point from tne right hook.

I found the ame year, make, model, color of the one I crashed on and I was d@#n near bought it for a grand, but he told me the second gear was going and they are proon for that and not cheep to rebuild... I walked away after I took it for a good ride. I was ready to open it up again but had to hold back....

Oh man, I need a fix now. Anyone got any keys again?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

GlassStarz;29750 wrote:Sector 9 longboard 50mph no helmet no pads if I suddenly stop posting here you will know I bounced (held the World Downhill speed record for a short while)
Wow, that's pretty stup...uh, I mean cool!. I've watched that a few times but never had the guts to get on one. Probably would have back when I used to ride bikes at 120mph with no shoes, shirt or helmet, but I figure I need what few brain cells I have left.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
toab

Post by toab »

Yes I remember the kawie 750 twin.Most of them around here were called LTD 750 twins.I remember that they wern't near as popular as the yammys and as I recall some had some reliability issues.They are hard to find up here now but I wouldn't mind owning one sometime.I don't remember them being made for very many years either.Late 70s through early 80s comes to mind.Are parts and repairs still readily available on these bikes Brent?
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

You're right, not nearly as popular as the Yamahas. The CSR is very much like the LTD, except has spokes instead of cast wheels, and a few other minor differences. They are both KZ750 twins and share an owner's manual. I once did some research to find out how many were made, etc, but can't remember off the top of my head. It wasn't all that many, and my 82 was probably at about the end of the line.

The local dealer won't work on mine any more, but I can still get filters and the like...probably not much else. In 21 years I have done nothing but change the oil, and last year gave it it's first tune up, not because it needed it, but because the valves were supposed to be adjusted after break in. I did lend it to my brother once and he bought a set of tires and replaced a clutch cable to get him to Montana and back, but other than that it is 100% original.

I paid $500 for it when it only had a few hundred miles on the odometer, but have seen a few that were not in nearly as good of condition sell for over $1000 recently. I thought about trying to sell it to a collector, but there's no way my son could find a better low mileage bike for the that kind of money. He might as well ride the wheels off of it and walk away.

Can you tell I have a soft spot for the old Kawi? It's funny, I really never enjoyed riding it all that much, but always appreciated the fact that it started and ran flawlessly whenever I did want to take it for a spin. It's hard to imagine now, but my wife and I used to both fit on that thing!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GlasWeldTech

Post by GlasWeldTech »

Used to race moto-x and had sponsors. Even did some hare scrambles and some National races. Currently riding a Honda Gold Wing with a WAGS trailer behind her (looks like a miniature horse trailer). Did 15 days in Key West last year and took in BiketoberFest in Daytona Beach. Planning ride now for June back to the Keys for another 15 days. Getting ready and thinking real hard about buying one of the new Stallion trikes by Motor Trike or Throurobred Motors. Will turn over 100,000 miles on this Key West ride.Maybe wiat on the new 2000cc Gold Wings.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

OK, you can't post anymore. I'm unbelievably jealous. Oregon has some of the nicest scenery you can imagine and a lot of great uncrowded back roads with lots of twisties, but I'm pretty much a fair weather rider and also enjoy boating, so I'm lucky if I get 5K-6K of saddle time in each year. Every time I go to Florida I think about all the great weather for riding and boating, but I think I would miss the mountains and the low population we enjoy here.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I took my bike for its yearly ministry test yesterday, found out I only did 347 miles last year. Message to self, get out on bike more often. My average mileage is normally more like 8,000. Needless to say being a BMW it passed with no problem.
33,000 + screen repairs over 18 years and still learning.
Over
toab

Post by toab »

Screenman: Is there really still quite a few xs650s on the road over there like I have heard there is?
jhines

Post by jhines »

I ride a bike