What do you ride

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: What do you ride

Post by Brent Deines »

That's pretty cool. I'm tempted to do something like that with my old Kawi CSR 750. Did you build it yourself?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

Brent,

Other than any welding that needed to be done or fabrication ...Yes!
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
kennycrane
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by kennycrane »

I ride a suzuki c50 which I think is an 800cc cruiser. perfect way to relax, and enjoy the evenings. Great bike time2shine. :D
isleof8flags

Post by isleof8flags »

kennycrane wrote:I ride a suzuki c50 which I think is an 800cc cruiser. perfect way to relax, and enjoy the evenings. Great bike time2shine. :D
'03 Suzuki Volusia here....the predecessor to the C50. Same bike but with a carb instead of fuel injection.
SIAUTOGLASS

Post by SIAUTOGLASS »

08 wr250x yamaha supermoto and 09 honda 1000rr repsol!!
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

How do you like the WR? I've been considering a WR450 or a CR450X. Kind of partial to Honda dirt bikes but the WR is pretty nice. I'd also like to have the 1000rr but I'd probably just get hurt or get in trouble.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
SIAUTOGLASS

Post by SIAUTOGLASS »

Brent Deines wrote:How do you like the WR? I've been considering a WR450 or a CR450X. Kind of partial to Honda dirt bikes but the WR is pretty nice. I'd also like to have the 1000rr but I'd probably just get hurt or get in trouble.

the wr is street legal it moves pretty good on the pavement for 250cc and im about 240lbs its a wheelie machine i ride it more then my rr i have rode 300 miles on it stright 0 problems and the best is oil changes every 3k and valve lash adjustment every 30k it is a soild bike i might get ride of the rr and just keep the wr and its amazing on gas and the cops dont bother you as much in new york and the insurance is so cheap!
stihlcarven
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by stihlcarven »

A mixed bike I put together. An 84 and an '86 Harley. It is a shovelhead with the 86 motor. It needs constant wrenching and seldom do I get to do any poker runs with out getting greasy. I often wonder why I dont own a Goldwing as I seem to wave at em frequntly from the side of the road. BTW IT IS FOR SALE. cheap.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

stihlcarven wrote:A mixed bike I put together. An 84 and an '86 Harley. It is a shovelhead with the 86 motor. It needs constant wrenching and seldom do I get to do any poker runs with out getting greasy. I often wonder why I dont own a Goldwing as I seem to wave at em frequntly from the side of the road. BTW IT IS FOR SALE. cheap.
I'm not a good enough mechanic to own an old Harley, but I've put over 20K on my 05 Heritage and never had to do anything but change oil and tires. Even the battery is still original and it doesn't like a drop of oil.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

SIAUTOGLASS wrote: the wr is street legal it moves pretty good on the pavement for 250cc and im about 240lbs its a wheelie machine i ride it more then my rr i have rode 300 miles on it stright 0 problems and the best is oil changes every 3k and valve lash adjustment every 30k it is a soild bike i might get ride of the rr and just keep the wr and its amazing on gas and the cops dont bother you as much in new york and the insurance is so cheap!
So you run it with street tires like a super moto? Saw a newer WR250X with street tires on it for sale on Craigs List here in town this weekend. Tempting!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.