Sanding disc reusable?

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
Dr.Chipster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Sanding disc reusable?

Post by Dr.Chipster »

Are the sanding disc reusable or a one time use?
t4k

Re: Sanding disc reusable?

Post by t4k »

Sanding discs are cheap. I never use than more than once....it is a waste of time and effort.
ChipMaster52

Post by ChipMaster52 »

Does anyone have an independant supplier that they purchase thier sanding discs from?
I have to buy from my kit supplier right now as I can't find the discs locally.
Horace
t4k wrote:Sanding discs are cheap. I never use than more than once....it is a waste of time and effort.
mrchip

Post by mrchip »

there are a number of vendors online that carry mirka and indasa...
t4k

Post by t4k »

mrchip wrote:"there are a number of vendors online that carry mirka and indasa...

ditto
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

Sometimes I may have one lens that may require an additional 320 or 600. I may only have one spot that I dont like and the pad still looks good afterward. I save that pad should the problem arise again in the future. Other than that I use new pads each vehicle. They are correct when they say it takes longer if you use a pad that has pleantty of wear. I rather spend the money for a better finished product, and quicker finish. I also use a quality tape that sticks and peels off easy. There is a vender in my state that I could purchase the disc cheaper and get the product faster. Its not that much of a savings, and I rather do all my supplies at one stop. I have a bond with my supplier, and they know what I need and I can depend on them to expedite my order. I get good advice and guidance and if they notice something out of the norm, I get a phone call or email asap. I call that loyalty and Trust of the people that keep my business fine tuned to new products and services. You might call them Delta Kits, while I prefer to lable tham as an asset and friend.
the wayniac

Post by the wayniac »

WHat price can be expected ot pay for discs, and are they packaged typically by the dozen or 10's, etc?
the wayniac

Post by the wayniac »

Sorry, old post, but maybe someone has some insight.
ChipMaster52

Post by ChipMaster52 »

I get my sanding discs from a large paint store. I use Shermin-Williams and buy the 3M brand of "hook and loop" discs.
I think mine are 3inches. They come in boxes of 50 and cost about $30.00 here (Louisiana).
They may be cheaper other places.
But it also depends on what type of sander / buffer setup you use.
I hope this helps you. If not you can email me and I will see if I can answer better.
the wayniac wrote:WHat price can be expected ot pay for discs, and are they packaged typically by the dozen or 10's, etc?