HL inside cleaning

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
canf
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

HL inside cleaning

Post by canf »

Do anybody try to remove insede tarnish/Black haze/bulb burn marks? I saw alot of car which headlamps like that,there is nothing in outside but inside is very bad.

I think high heat or bulbs uv generate this, how can be cleaned when it opened, yellow-x is capable of to clean them or anyother chemicals needed.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: HL inside cleaning

Post by t4k »

I do not remove the lens cover. If there is damage inside, it's better for the owner to replace the headlight assembly.
canf

Post by canf »

t4k wrote:I do not remove the lens cover. If there is damage inside, it's better for the owner to replace the headlight assembly.
Dear t4k ,do you use spar varnish/mineral sprits 1:1 method now or what you use in these days or any updated method could found for clear coats.

Thnx..
t4k

Post by t4k »

canf wrote:
t4k wrote:I do not remove the lens cover. If there is damage inside, it's better for the owner to replace the headlight assembly.
Dear t4k ,do you use spar varnish/mineral sprits 1:1 method now or what you use in these days or any updated method could found for clear coats.

Thnx..
I use Delta Kits' system now.
canf

Post by canf »

Hımm, i see , is there anything wrong with minvax spar urethane/mineral spirits 1:1 mix method or just you want to change.

Do you recommend minvax method for me, i ask it because i write from Europe so, 1 bottle Delta 2K clear coat's shipping is 178$ so it does not make sense to buy it. i must find another protection method.

your opinions are important for me, i could not find it yet
t4k

Post by t4k »

canf wrote:Hımm, i see , is there anything wrong with minvax spar urethane/mineral spirits 1:1 mix method or just you want to change.

Do you recommend minvax method for me, i ask it because i write from Europe so, 1 bottle Delta 2K clear coat's shipping is 178$ so it does not make sense to buy it. i must find another protection method.

your opinions are important for me, i could not find it yet
I recommend you use a product specifically made for headlight restoration, whether it be Delta or whatever you can find in your area at the best cost to you.

Good Luck!
canf

Post by canf »

i cant find special product in my country, i only found yatch varnishes, meg plastix, aerospace 303, yatchbrite pro-polish, car waxes ext and now what can i do? There is nothing special for headligts so i want to go with marine varnishes but i understand you dont offer it? is it harmfull or what ? it was very popular, now what is it problem? Thanks
t4k

Post by t4k »

It is just best to use a product that is specifically manufactured for the task at hand.

Get a couple of old headlights from a junk yard and practice with the method or product of your choice. Then set them in the sun for a few months to see how they weather.

You need to come up with a method that pleases you and that is readily available to you.
canf

Post by canf »

Ok, but i dont understand still why you quit using minvax method? it is tested,it stayed 2 years,a lot of peole offer this method now too.if you dont,what you know? please tell what is wrong with this method
t4k

Post by t4k »

canf wrote:Ok, but i dont understand still why you quit using minvax method? it is tested,it stayed 2 years,a lot of peole offer this method now too.if you dont,what you know? please tell what is wrong with this method
I never had a problem with any product I have used in the past. I just prefer to use a product that is made for the task at hand. I don't know what else to tell you...