New Headlight Restoratin Kit With Infinity 4.1

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: New Headlight Restoratin Kit With Infinity 4.1

Post by candyman »

I really do need to stop trying to stretch the use of the 30o0 pad. Even sometimes when I use a new one I don't get it as clear as the picture Korey had on the post, yet when I use the C2P or 4.1 it looks great with the WOW factor. Iam using the brown looking polish I got when I first started. It was a few months after I got the kit that you sent me a message to use the pad instead. I will tryt to call you about noon if I dont get tied up. Iam getting better with the 4.1 UV each time I use it. It works better in the colder wether than the C2P. TTYL
part-timer

Post by part-timer »

t4k wrote:Wow! By that last response, I take it that I have somehow upset you. I had no idea the name of a polish could cause such turmoil.

Don't worry t4k......I still love ya man! LOL!

I have read this whole thread and I must say it is quite interesting. I have been doing HLR for about 1 1/2 years in Florida. I do mostly used car dealers and would say most of my work are vehicles with most of the lens in great shape but 1/4 to 1/3 of the lens with the coating worn off. Often times I do use a razor blade, it takes some practice but very quickly removes the old (still good looking) coating. After much experimenting(like everyone else) have come up with my own method. I wet sand everything, by hand, starting with 800 if possible....then move to 1000....then 1500 ...and finish with a 3" 3M Trizact 3000 pad on a drill. Then wash it off with plain water. Let dry and then wipe the lens with mineral spirits and let dry. I then apply my coating.
I've come to one conclusion. Everyone has a preferred method that works for them AND every headlight has the possibility of turning out perfect or not completely perfect, no matter how good you are or how good your system and tools are. I personally strive for perfection, as many of you do, but feel that sometimes certain headlight composites make that result impossible to achieve.
Everyone has their ideas, methods and opinions.........this is simply mine. It is wonderful that we have this forum to share our ideas and methods to hopefully help everyone involved. I personally appreciate everyone who added their 2 cents.
Thanks!
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

I agree, part-timer. Headlight restoration is not brain science or rocket surgery but a lot of people like to make it out to be. If you have a system that works for you and keeps your customers happy, who cares how you fold a towel? Just saying....
pommy

Post by pommy »

t4k wrote:....who cares how you fold a towel?
Well, I guess you put that to get a response? Clearly directed at my recent post on folding the shop towels.

t4k - I've looked back at some of your posts (about BMW headlights and other childish comments you make) and you seem to be very self-important, argumentative and most of all arrogant.

With me, you've chosen to be just plain rude.

The posts I make help others, obviously not you, but you don't have to say so.

t4k - it's better to remain silent and to be thought of as a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
If the job doesn't mean more than the pay, it will never pay more.
ray6

Post by ray6 »

Are you using any sanding lubricant? It will extend the life of the disk by keeping it from loading up.

Infinity 4.1 doesn't have the scratch fill capability of other coatings, but it's other qualities make up for the difference; quick cure, cost, ease of application, etc.

ray6
t4k

Post by t4k »

ray6 wrote:Are you using any sanding lubricant? It will extend the life of the disk by keeping it from loading up.

ray6
Are you still using WD 40 as lubricate?
ray6

Post by ray6 »

No, I use a product from Speedokote.

ray6