Do you have a Facebook page?

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Do you have a Facebook page?

Post by Brent Deines »

Delta Kits recently launched a Facebook Business page but I must confess I don't know a thing about social media.

How many of you have Facebook pages?

Do you have a business page or just a personal profile? I'm still learning the differences!

Do you think it is helping your business? If so, in what way?

If any of you visit the new Delta Kits Places/Business page and have any suggestions for improvement, I am all ears. It looks like our personal profile page is still there but I'm thinking that may go away at some point so make sure if you do look at the Delta Kits FB page you are looking at the right one. So far as I can tell the main difference seems to be that a personal profile page has "friends" and a business page has "likes", but there is probably much more to it than that.

Thanks!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
SGT

Re: Do you have a Facebook page?

Post by SGT »

I liked it! Nice design.

We have a facebook personal page becuase it was required to design our Safe Glass Technologies business page. Feel free to like us if you visit. I also am not big on social media so I rarely check in on my persoanl page and occasionally on the business one. I would like to delete my personal page as well if I could. Let me know when you figure that one out. Do I think it helped my business? Probably not but that is my fault as I do not utilize it. Does it have potential? I think so once you build member momentum.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I "liked" you so you should be rich and famous in no time at all! :D
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Wow, all I hear are crickets. I was really hoping some of you had found a way to get customers and make money through your facebook page but I guess facebook isn't all that popular with the windshield repair crowd. Good to know.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

Brent, I have a facebook page for Ben's Auto Glass. It's my only presence on the web. It seems to work pretty well for me. I keep it updated once every week or two to keep folks thinking about me and I have booked some work from it. I only have 119 "likes". I have other friends in other business ventures who rely heavily on their facebook presence for business.

Check it out:

https://www.facebook.com/bensautoglass
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Hi Ben,

I visited your FB page and it gave me some ideas. I saw you asked a question about whether or not to add headlight restoration that received a few responses. I think questions are a good way to help guide the direction of your business, especially if you have a large base of friends, something we still need to work on.

Also made me a little home sick. I really loved rolling out of bed for some early morning water skiing and watching the sunsets over the lake. In August the water temp at Flathead is almost tolerable!

Thanks for your feedback.

Brent
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Brent.

I had a running Face Book account for my business for 4 years and didn't get much in return. Like SGT stated if you don't monitor it daily, it's not going to help you much. I believe it can work if you contribute daily but that's just to much for me to handle every day. Better ways to spend your time!
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Well that has been my thought as well up until this point. I certainly don't have the time or desire to be on FB all the time, or at all for that matter, but figure I need to at least find out enough about it to say for sure whether or not there is a benefit. Until a couple of weeks ago I had never looked at a FB page, but I have learned a lot since then. Still not sure the return on investment is there but going to give it a little more time to find out.

Thanks for your reply. Every bit of feedback is useful and appreciated.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Toby 1 kenobi

Post by Toby 1 kenobi »

I used to use Face Book to advertise in a non-direct way. I'd say something funny, post something quite strange but would make you think and smile. Pretty much guaranteed to get a call after which led to business.

Never used it yet for WSR though. Think I'd start a heartfelt post explaining I caught my girl friend cheating while hiding behind a car, only to notice the chip windscreen; making out that the girl friend isn't of concern, my car's been damaged!!! (Its a rehash of a joke post about rust.) Think I'd do this for retail only. Think fleets are all business with no smiles when you first approach, got to break them in slowly :-)
fabian0224

Post by fabian0224 »

what do you'all think ??? :) facebook.com/chipawaytx