what kit to start with

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

Repair1,

I agree, some people make their living just servicing dealers...Any tips on how to get dealer accounts, or how to keep them once you have them? Any pitfalls to watch out for?
Delta Kits, Inc.
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

Okay, I have put updated information about Safelite above.

Their contact info is:
http://www.sgcnetwork.com

They've got some excellent info for signing up with them on their website.
Delta Kits, Inc.
EWK

Post by EWK »

Hi All, I'm thinking about getting into the windshied repair business, and was wondering "How many repairs do you do on a average week" ? Thanks for you time. Ed
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Hey EWK,
It really varies because of weather and dozens of other factors. However my personal average is between 30 to 35 insurance jobs a week. Which equals out to $1500 to $1800 per week. Now I do have weeks where I don't do that, like during the christmas season and rainy season but that is an average if weather holds for me. Hope that helps.
David
Coitster
Glass
mr. P's Mobile Detail

Post by mr. P's Mobile Detail »

1 week before Christmas I sent out a 2 page letter to 35 of my poorest customers ( I have been in the Mobile Detail business over 2 1/2 years & just added WSR) telling them about the new equiptment and the WSR service and enclosing 2 business cards offering $10 of WSR and on the other offering $10 off any full detail!

By poorest customer I mean the ones who I have not cleaned their vheicle for over 3 months or have cleaned it only once this year.

As of this eve. I have received 4 calls 3 for WSR and 1 for a detail.

Anyone who is adding WSR to your present business should try this! It works!

Keep Smilin' mr.P
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hi All

I have recently decided to get into this biz. I think I have found the gold mine of information here in this forum. So far I have read the posts about marketing and i see there are tried and true ways to make good money that are being freely shared. Thanks to all and mostly you David for your wealth of information. I will be getting my equipment with in a month and will studying these posts as I go. Thanks also for the new guys that have posted how well they are doing using the ideas. My hopes run high. I am not afraid off working my tail off or being told no, been there done that just happy to see the Pros sharing with us new guys.

mark :D
Brennan29

Re: Starting Your New Windshield Repair Business

Post by Brennan29 »

This may sound like a real dumb question, but since Safelite is a windsheild replacement and repair company why would they (or do they) send packets out to get in there network to other repair techs? Like I said, dumb question probably but just doest sound like it makes since.. Please let me know the scoop on this guys. Thanks.
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

Brennan29 wrote:This may sound like a real dumb question, but since Safelite is a windsheild replacement and repair company why would they (or do they) send packets out to get in there network to other repair techs? Like I said, dumb question probably but just doest sound like it makes since.. Please let me know the scoop on this guys. Thanks.
Yes, Safelite does Replace and Repair, and this company is part of Belron, which is also part of SGC Network, amongst several other names/companies.

As far as why they have a Network, well my though would have to be that the Insurance Companies that are part of the SGC Network need options, for EXAMPLE, if you had a bad experience with a Safelite (SGC) Repair/Replacement, would you want to use them again? or would you prefer to have multiple shop options?

I would have to go with option number two....
repairing windshields

Post by repairing windshields »

I tried everything fleet lease and used car lots and nothing they all said that they have some one and/or satellite but I call them over the phone dont no if that make a difference?
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

It is easy for them to say no on the phone,,, Get off your butt and be in there face and offer to do a free repair and offer your price, time frame when you WILL be around for them.... Make them an offer they can not refuse..

The phone it to take appointments not to try ti find work from the recliner.
Just Chippen Away