Business Cards @ a good price

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi Everybody,
One thing I could recommend is a website where you can design your own business cards. http://www.vistaprint.com. I did this. You can get 250 cards for free. I ended up buying like 1500 plus the 250 for free. Then I went to Staples and bought 10 business card holders. I placed my cards at my dry cleaners store, the town diner, At a Midas shop ( they just replaced my exhaust), my barber shop, the Maaco repair shop. I also post my cards on various boards around town. Usually I will tack five cards so interested people can grab a card and leave the others. I'm trying to save as much money as I can without hurting my advertising or business. If anybody else has has some good tips please share them with us!

Have a great day! :wink:
Ralph
Coitster
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

repair business

Post by Coitster »

Hey Ralph,
Another thing you can try that works well is Take One Boxes. What you do is get a little cardboard display made which says Free Windshield repair on it, and then put either your business cards or better yet a mini-brochure that talks about your service.

What a mini brochure is, its just like a business card but twice as tall, folded over to be the same size as a business cards. I uses these instead of business cards if I do give someone a business card which is almost never. What a mini brochure does is give you some more print room to explain your service. You have the front, back and the inside. They work pretty good
David
Coitster
Glass
Chris Sparry

New Guy

Post by Chris Sparry »

Coitster:

Very good idea! Can you elaborate more on this.
Coitster

Post by Coitster »

Chris,
If you are reffering to the idea of a take on box its really simple. Design a catchy or attention getting headline and make it bold. A take one box can be used anywhere. Lots of health clubs use then. What you have is a box that has a spot where you have a professionaly printed headline that is designed to get people to grab a flyer or mini-brochure from the box while they are standing in line at a store of some sort. On the flyer you are going to go into really good detail as to why they should call a phone number provided on your card to either call you directly to let you sell them more on your service or got a 24/7 recorded information line that is also a sales pitch and they leave a message.

I like take one boxes because they are very low key, most business owners don't mind them (as long as you give them a cut) because the only people who will look at it have a broken or chipped windshield. Lots of businesses are very successfull with take one boxes. In order for them to work you need to place a few of them out there. I recommend no fewer then 50 of them. A lot of businesses will let you put them up on their counters. Hope that helps.
David
Coitster
Glass
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

David,

Thanks for the advertising tip...I love going on this forum. Everytime I check it out I'm getting more ideas :!: Where can I get these flyers made up and would you have an example you would share. How much business would you say was brought in by the flyer/business cards? Are they expensive? Do you make your own boxes? I'm going to use that helpful hint about gyms/fitness centers. :idea: I'll fix the customers w/s while they are working out. Now all I need to do is get business insurance and get more info on getting insurance companies to pay for the repairs vs filing the claims.
Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.
Coitster

am I missing the forest

Post by Coitster »

Hey Ralph,
I personaly don't use them. I have talked to a guy that uses them in california, and he gets all of his business from the take one boxes. He personaly has over 100 of them out in business. He does a lot of business, he pays the businesses 10 dollars a refferal and he does any chips for free that the owners of those companies might have, also their fleet vehicles too if they have any. I just bring up that idea because it has worked for people. I personaly don't do it because I have never had the time for it. Hope that helps.
David
Coitster
Glass