W/R for a living

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Chris Sparry

Marketing...

Post by Chris Sparry »

How many do repairs for a living verses part time or a second job. If full time, wht would you say would be the average annual sales. i'm not asking for anyone's particular income, just if there is a possible good living in repair only in a particuraly high competition area such as mine.
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Dave M »

Chris,
You'll get out of this business what time and effort you put into it! W/S repair is my own business (11 yrs.) I have a wife (works full time also) and two children, one a senior in college and have a nice home.
You certainly can make a nice living doing w/s repair but like any other business, it has its highs and its lows. I work full time but actually only put in around 30 hours per week (rain, snow, frost) I could work longer hours with marketing, cold calls or writing letters and increase my volume and profit but, you know what? I don't want to. This is why I enjoy this business so much.

My business is in Maine.
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

I'm a single father raised three kids and been doing great... It's a great way to make a living it just takes time to build it won't happen overnite if you go at it full time have some money in the bank and do it right... You will need at least 4 bridges a lettered car or truck, business cards, phone, fax etc... and a good hard working attiude....

PS: Chris where you from??

Happy Repairing

Brian