met life

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jim

met life

Post by jim »

This is an open letter to Mitchell at Met Life in re the switch from Lynx to Safelite. As soon as I discover his email address, he will receive a copy.

"Mitchell was not able to comment on specifics of the bidding, citing a confidential bidding process."

Say WHAT, Mitchell?

You can't comment on the specifics even after the completion of the bidding process? Why the hell not?

Who do you think you are kidding? Your complete lack of transparency in this matter is a wonder to behold.

Put a sock in your PR double talk.

Metlife was paying $45 for the first windshield repair when Lynx was handling your paperwork and now you are paying Safelite $65!

Not only that, you are paying it to the only network that practices "steering" no matter how vigorously that they attempt to deny the fact. I have enough recordings in my files in case Safelite chooses to read this and than sue me. In fact, I wish they would try. Neither Lynx nor Harmon has EVER attempted to steer any of our customers!

Take your "I can't comment on the specifics" and pack it where the sun don't shine.

As far as my company and many others is concerned, we refuse to do ANY business with the Safelite network. We realize that they are our COMPETITION! How about Metlife allowing Allstate or State Farm to handle their claims? How about you getting an actual job that doesn't entail playing games with the English language?

Your absolutely lame excuse with no legitimate or comprehensible public definition for changing networks is pathetic and I want you to realize that not every company in the windshield business is comprised of owners with an I.Q one point above a Begonia plant.

At one time, my company actually extolled the virtues of Metlife when it came to the best interests of their insured.

No longer will we do so thanks to your so-called top secret bidding process that is actually back door shoving it to your insured.

I have no idea what kind of smoke-filled deals were made but something smells all the way up the entire stink weed to high heaven and it isn't the whiff of Panatelas.

I don't expect any kind of reply from you that justifies Metlife paying another $20 per one repair claim and spare me about the $65 maximum because the deal that you made is "top secret" and if you told me you'd have to shoot me.

Or so you would say.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: met life

Post by GlassStarz »

Yup pee on the electric fence thats smart
they now pay $65 used to pay $45 and you complain?
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Wherever Belron (Safelite) shows up, and/or becomes involved, there is always @#$%. There is always a dark cloud and lots of fog involved. No matter what they say, no matter what the isurance and leasing companies say. It just stinks. GlassStarz called it ''peeing on the electric fence'' (and that may very well be the situation), but hey, this is not the last move they will make -at your cost and in your disadvantage. Belron has been discussed many times here on this very board, and you have seen nothing yet -feel free to do a search on the forum and you'll be amazed. Yet, why would most insurance companies be so @#$% pleased to do business with Belron companies? Again, it just stinks -we in Europe smell it everyday.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Please let me remind all of you once again that this is not the place to bash a particular company. I understand that some of you have beefs with one company or another, and it is not my place to say whether or not those complaints are legit or not, but the bashing can become a vicious circle that does no one any good. I know this policy is not popular with many of you, but it's one of the things that keeps the windshield repair forum from being just like all the rest.

I appreciate your cooperation.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Im with brent on this one really no place to vent personal likes or dislikes of the networks I choose to figure out a way to do buisness with someone rather than complaining about how they do buisness there is a bunch of money to be made working within the networks systems they work thier own way and if you can put aside the petty stuff and work with them you make money otherwise its just peein on the electric fence just plain dumb and damn painful
jim

Post by jim »

I was on this forum five years ago before I dropped out and just returned. I've been in business for twenty-one years. Long before networks existed and we received $65 to $70 in 1988 for a repair without network middlemen Glassstarz.

You completely miss my point about Metlife switching from Lynx to Safelite. Why didn't Metlife pay $65 when they were with Lynx? Has not yet another insurance company been captured by Belron? Why all the secrecy as to the reasons for the switch?

Instead you simplistically jump onto the money while ignoring the fact that Belron indirectly just bit you in the ass.

Again.

Your dumb comment about "peeing on the fence" is just that: dumb. You can't see the big picture. Obviously you work for some company content to rely on attaching yourself onto your own competitor like a remora feasting on shark leftovers.

Our company has now lost business with Metlife other than self-generated leads because we are neither stupid nor ignorant enough to support or join a network owned by our competitor. I elected to dump the Safelite network around seven years ago and the only business that we do with them now is when we shove an invoice down their throat rather than direct bill the insurance company.

"Alleged" steering is something we never worry about with Lynx. Or even Harmon.

Think deeply if possible next time before posting what you inaccurately assume is some quick and clever retort. You obviously don't know the half of it when it comes to this business.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

I do not want to kick anybody here, but in my opinion....Jim is right. It is the bigger picture that should be seen here. Things will only get worse if you just sit back and do nothing. In my opinion; this got nothing to do with liking or respecting some companies. And it got absolutely nothing to do with 'being in business' and the ability to coop with changes. The point is; there are too many things wrong in our industry -steering, payments, networks are just a few. Our industry is almost ''owned'' by a few parties and that is wrong. There are just too many issues that will never change for the betterment of the entire industry (not just a few like BR) if we cannot even mention the issues the way we see, feel and experience them on a daily basis. We all have swallowed and experienced the bad developments for years -if not over a decade. Many on this board can perfectly say and write what they feel what should be done to improve things. The NWRA, media and some suppliers could step up that plate and I am sure some repairers wouldn't mind to assist.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

jim wrote:I was on this forum five years ago before I dropped out and just returned. I've been in business for twenty-one years. Long before networks existed and we received $65 to $70 in 1988 for a repair without network middlemen Glassstarz.

You completely miss my point about Metlife switching from Lynx to Safelite. Why didn't Metlife pay $65 when they were with Lynx? Has not yet another insurance company been captured by Belron? Why all the secrecy as to the reasons for the switch?

Instead you simplistically jump onto the money while ignoring the fact that Belron indirectly just bit you in the ass.

Again.

Your dumb comment about "peeing on the fence" is just that: dumb. You can't see the big picture. Obviously you work for some company content to rely on attaching yourself onto your own competitor like a remora feasting on shark leftovers.

Our company has now lost business with Metlife other than self-generated leads because we are neither stupid nor ignorant enough to support or join a network owned by our competitor. I elected to dump the Safelite network around seven years ago and the only business that we do with them now is when we shove an invoice down their throat rather than direct bill the insurance company.

"Alleged" steering is something we never worry about with Lynx. Or even Harmon.

Think deeply if possible next time before posting what you inaccurately assume is some quick and clever retort. You obviously don't know the half of it when it comes to this business.
Jim,

I'm not sure why you left the forum before, but you won't be here long this time if you continue to insult other members. If you can find a way to express opinion without insulting others you are welcome, but if not, please find another place to vent your frustrations. Read the Forum Guidelines!

I'm only leaving your post to emphasize this point, but I will not tolerate that tone in future posts.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.