Repair Kits ?'s

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
coupeownr

Repair Kits ?'s

Post by coupeownr »

I currently only do replacements and I Have had more request for repairs lately and have been putting this off for two long. I have been looking at kits on and off for a while and was about to get the equalizer velocity kit but I also looked at the Glassweld G3 and liked the design and what seemed to be a easy consistent repair method. It seemed to make sence to me to cure the resin under pressure no mylar to deal with and less chance of air/contamination to get in the repair when you remove injector. I am open to other kits and alot seem to be similar. I do not want to buy a kit that is going to give me substandard results.
I do not want to offer repair as a pacifier just to tell ins.co and dealers I do them.
I guess what I'm asking here is what would you guy's recomend?
I have to be realistic the G3 is a lil pricey (but seems to be a good kit) but at over double the price??? is it really worth it? Are the repair going to be that much better??
I have done repair in the past with the glass medic classic system and a aegis style kit with out the pump so I have some backround in repair but it has been a couple years. In my experience the results were not as consistent with the tossed together aegis style kit but the place I was at at that time didn't care it was just to say they could do them.

Thanks in advance
Jason @ APG
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Repair Kits ?'s

Post by Kgobin »

There are many windshield repair systems to choose from and many manufacturers making outlandish claims about their company’s equipment. At Delta Kits it does not matter if you buy a windshield repair system from us or from someone else. We try to give honest straightforward information that will help you purchase the best windshield repair equipment and supplies for your needs. If you have any questions feel free to to email, PM me, or call into Delta Kits.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Firstly with your previous knowledge of repair you may know that after you have repaired under pressure, which is often not required, that you then have to remove your chosen repair equipment and apply pitfill, this requires the use of Mylar or suchlike to cure the pitfill.

Personaly having used many many kits over the years I would say you have missed the best on off the list. After 20 years of experience I use Delta and make know secret of this. I have been offered a lot of systems over the years and most free of charge, just for recommending them, the Delta Kits I had to pay for and believe me by the time it gets here it is expensive. That said it is the best I have ever used, in terms of quality of equipment and quality of service from Delta. I would say that some quality training may be of help to most guys looking to come into the business, as the technicians skills can sometimes be more important than the tools they use.
adam@gtglass

Post by adam@gtglass »

I also agree that it doesn't matter which repair kit you choose--as long as you choose the one that fits your situation best. How many repairs do you plan on making each day? Are you weighting your decision on cost of the injector or consumable cost per repair? Which system(s) look easiest to use? What technology do you want to incorporate into your repair process? As long as you do your research and investigate all products available, I'm sure you'll find the right system for you. Watch videos, speak with company reps, ask for literature... if you have thoroughly done all of these things, I'm confident you will pick the right windshield repair kit for what you plan to do.
Adam D. Duthie
Glass Technology, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Do all what Adam suggests then buy a Delta system you will not regret it. Think of it this way if it were not for Delta where could you even go to ask the questions you did? sure shows the quality of the company.
GlasWeldTech

Post by GlasWeldTech »

Use the SEARCH FEATURE, this dead horse has been beat MANY times.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Yes....too many times.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Times change, just because it has been discussed before should not stop a subject coming up again. I would say most subjects on screen or windshield repair have been discussed in the years I have been on this forum. Tools and equipment are eveolving all the time.