"Bubble Sheilds" ???

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
GLASSTIME
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

"Bubble Sheilds" ???

Post by GLASSTIME »

Hello again! Korey I will get in touch with you very soon sir. Thanks for the follow up
Si
nce I am new to the WSR world, what is the use in a bub ble shi
eld? I have noticed some WSR techs using them. Does Delta sell them.
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
Brent Deines

Re: "Bubble Sheilds" ???

Post by Brent Deines »

The bubble shield, or bubble dome, is a clear dome made from a special acrylic that blocks UV rays so you can work in the sun without having your resin cure prematurely in the break. It also makes a good rain/snow shield as it has a seal around the bottom edge and suction cups to hold it to the glass. The bubble dome is very popular because you can see through it and have enough room to work under it without moving or removing it. Delta Kits does offer the BD100 bubble dome which is similar to competitor domes, but with more and better quality suction cups to help keep the seal tight against the glass just about anywhere it is placed.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Although the bubble shields were available for some time, we have done without for many years. Some six years ago we started using bubble shields -they became a standard item in our service trucks. We use the shield in both rainy and sunny conditions. Very helpful piece.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

Awesome, so you can repair in "rain". But I'm sure not without a shield or canopy. Brent how much are the delta kits bubble?
In rainy or colder conditions even with a shield or proper coverage is curing more time consuming opposed to warmer or nice conditions?
Time2Shine wrote:Hello again! Korey I will get in touch with you very soon sir. Thanks for the follow up
</BR>Si
</BR>nce I am new to the WSR world, what is the use in a bub ble shi
</BR>eld? I have noticed some WSR techs using them. Does Delta sell them.
Chad E. Clewis
President

GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

Awesome, so you can repair in "rain". But I'm sure not without a shield or canopy. Brent how much are the delta kits bubble?
In rainy or colder conditions even with a shield or proper coverage is curing more time consuming opposed to warmer or nice conditions?
Time2Shine wrote:Hello again! Korey I will get in touch with you very soon sir. Thanks for the follow up
</BR>Si
</BR>nce I am new to the WSR world, what is the use in a bub ble shi
</BR>eld? I have noticed some WSR techs using them. Does Delta sell them.
Chad E. Clewis
President

Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

The Delta Kits Bubble Dome is $88.00, however the photo on our website does not show the new version with the 2 extra suction cups.

Cure time is not significantly affected by colder temperatures if you are using an AC light. However batteries will lose power in the cold weather so you may have to increase your cure time if using a battery operated light. Even when using a high quality 12V DC light you will need to be aware of the condition and temperature of the battery you are using to power it. A fully charged automobile battery will be fine in any temperature. Mobile battery packs will also perform well in cold weather but for optimal power output they should be kept warm whenever possible. Simply put, use a high quality light and an adequate power source for the conditions and recommended cure times will be adequate.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.