Repairs in 5 minutes or less

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Repairs in 5 minutes or less

Post by Brent Deines »

I was biting my tongue for several days trying to figure out how to address some of the comments posted in another thread about 5 minute windshield repairs. Like most of the professionals on this forum, I do not believe you should put a time limit on your repairs. The repair is done when the resin has replaced the air in the break and not before. Every break is different so some repairs are going to take longer than others. Delta Kits will never advocate speed over quality, but recently we have been getting a lot of calls about our competitors advertisements claiming that their systems are capable of repairs in 5-10 minutes. In fact, yesterday I received a not so friendly challenge from one of our competitors who has been telling customers that we cannot do repairs in 5 minutes. Sooooo, we made a little video to show just how fast a repair can be done using a Delta Kits windshield repair system and posted it on youtube.

I am making this post in anticipation of all of the flak that is sure to come from that video.

First let me reiterate that Delta Kits does not advocate 5 minute windshield repairs, and I completely agree with all of you who have emphatically stated that our industry should not be promoting this unrealistic expectation. After all, Delta Kits is the one who advocates a 5 minute cure time! However, I do not think it is fair to say that it is impossible to do a 5 minute repair under the right conditions, and I think our real time video proves that. In watching the video I think it also proves how short of a period of time 5 minutes is. Checking the vehicle for damage, protecting the surface of the vehicle, properly drying out the break, covering with a UV shield, warming or cooling the glass, flexing a break, cleaning your equipment, writing an invoice, etc., all take time, so I think it is pretty apparent that the average repair is not going to be completed in 5 minutes, or even 10.

Before you all take me to task on this, please understand that I am not making this post to promote Delta Kits, but simply to prove that the claims that some of our competitors are making about our products not being as fast as theirs are false. We would never have made this video had they not made these claims, but when we were falsely accused we have no choice but to respond, and we have decided that the best way to do so is with videos.

So, is a 5 minute repair possible? Yes it is. Is it realistic expectation in a real world application? My opinion is that it is not.

This post is not in response to any previous posts that I left on the board, but to a couple of posts that I removed because I won't allow this board to be used for something that I believe is deceptive advertising. I cannot stop our competitors from saying whatever they want on their own websites, but I will not allow that here on the windshield repair forum.

Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Chips be-gone

Re: Repairs in 5 minutes or less

Post by Chips be-gone »

You must love your YouTube site. Good promotion for you on anything you have to sell or prove.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

It has come in very handy and we owe it all to a competitor. We would never have thought of it had someone not posted a video or our products being used incorrectly. We only post videos of our own products however.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

I was biting my tongue too, thanks you for addressing this important issue. I hope that is has been killed 'forever'.
Not only that it is representing our job all wrong, one should also realize that this is an open forum; all your stuff is open to anybody else out there.
Five minute repairs.....could anybody please explain me....why the insurance company would pay us $60 or more dollars for a five minute job?
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

@#$!!! Like Screenman used to say; the fingers were too quick and there was no proof reading to do a spell check, do not mind the typing errors.
ChampionCHIP,wsr

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

nice ideo, only thing is my fingers started to tingle when i saw tech without nitrile gloves on.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

He was wearing Derma Shield.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Brent Deines wrote:He was wearing Derma Shield.

Good save, Brent!
chips1144

Post by chips1144 »

Well done Brent, I know the 5 minute repair isn't what you recommend but still I'm Impressed.

I bought from your competitor, I was convinced that I was buying the best devices from the best WSR supplier, looking back my experience was far from satisfactory, from the high pressure salesman to the faulty items in my kit that they didn't replace, it was an expensive lesson.
kenb81

Post by kenb81 »

Correct me if i'm i wrong . In the vid it looked like there was no vacuming but straight to the pressure cycle.
Is this the way deltas kits work?