act users

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
cleanerimage

Re: act users

Post by cleanerimage »

when you get pre approved do you generally call the insurace company directly or do they have you call the network they use? If they have you call the network will they usually tell you which network they use and a contact number?
JWG

Post by JWG »

The best thing to do is call the network yourself with the customer standing by. The list that he is going to send you should take a lot of the leg work out for you. You can call the agent and get the number to the claims network, most of the time. It helps to know what the ins. co.'s rates are, and how many chips they will cover, and what info they will require. I have a list just like he mentioned, but it has gotten somewhat outdated.

I would like to get a look at that list as well, if it is not too much trouble.

Getting the authorization yourself is always a best bet, unless you are doing so many repairs that you do not have the extra 10 minutes to spare. If the customer stays in or near the car while I do the repair, I usually fill out the invoice and call the network before starting the repair, and when the rep asks to speak to the insured I pass the phone and start on the repair. Sometimes I finish the repair before the call is finished (lynx), and it also keeps the customer occupied so I can work without a lot of distractions.

Not to mention it will save you $7 an invoice to do it yourself! If you do 10-20 a week thats $70-$140 put back in your pocket.
homosapien

Post by homosapien »

JWG wrote: It helps to know what the ins. co.'s rates are, and how many chips they will cover, and what info they will require.
So how do you find that info out?
MJDShield

Post by MJDShield »

I would like a copy too. Thanks
JWG

Post by JWG »

homosapien,

From my experience I just take note when I process a claim, when I do an allstate and they tell me the rates are 50, 10, 10, I write it down.

When I do a Wheels, I know to get the mileage, license plate number, and the maintenence card number.

Basically, you learn from experience. Write everything down, and create a book for yourself. Thats what I did.
rsbaum

Post by rsbaum »

Hey Bullseye,

I'm new to WSR. Please send that me that list you mentioned in your post!

Thanks...!
Sy Tran

Post by Sy Tran »

I stopped doing wsr for a while, i was using act and i had the same problem, it took forever. Im thinking about getting back into the game. Can i get a copy of this list as well?

im not sure if i can receive PMs or not, I forgot my old username and password, so i had to make a new one.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

dcdbl wrote: im not sure if i can receive PMs or not, I forgot my old username and password, so i had to make a new one.
You are not able to receive private messages until you have 10 posts. Please call into Delta Kits because I can help you retrieve your old user name and password.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Sy Tran

Post by Sy Tran »

how can i get a copy of this list if i cant get PMs?
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

Forum members will not have full use of all board features until "after" they have posted a minimum of 10 posts. Features that you will not be able to use until you have a minimum of 10 posts include, but are not limited to, private messaging, e-mailing, posting photos, and viewing photos. This helps avoid spam on the board and protects the privacy of windshield repair forum members, so running up your post count with illegitimate posts will not be tolerated and may result in a ban from the board.

Sy,

I will forward your contact information to him.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.