act users

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
TomVTX

Re: act users

Post by TomVTX »

I would like a list of these insurance co. as well. I don't have the 10 posts, matter of fact this is my first as I'm brand new to the repair business.
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Eco Steam »

I thought about switching to ACT to do all of my EDI processing.....until I called and spoke with someone there, don't get me wrong, the guy was nice but he tgold me point blank that I would get fewer calls from Lynx & SGC because everything goes through them.

They collect the $$$ from the Insurance company and then they issue out the remaining after their cut/fees, in the form of EFT Direct Deposit.

How it works now for me:

I get a call directly from Lynx, SGC, Harmon

I schedule the appointment with the customer usually during the same phone call

I do the repair(s)

I submit it to the EDI company ($2.49 per repair)

I get a confirmation e-mail usually by the end of the day

About 10 to 14 days later I get an email from Lynx/SGC/Harmon letting me know that X amount of $ will be deposited into my account...

Very simple....I like simple, but I also like to be in control of my business.

I'm not knocking ACT......

Just NOT for me.....
clear vision

Post by clear vision »

I would really appreciate a copy of those #'s to
MR.PING

Post by MR.PING »

list of insurance companies that have the numbers for glass claims only. all 800 #s and each insurance company has what network they use. does any one have this list anymore?
Mike

Post by Mike »

bullseyemaster wrote:i have a 5-8 page list of insurance companies that have the numbers for glass claims only. all 800 #s and each insurance company has what network they use. im going on vacation until the 8th but ill scan them to my computer and email them to any1 that want them when i get back as long as i can figure out my scanner lol. it also tells you how many chips each network will approve. this forum has been very help full to me hopefully this list will give something back to thise forum thanks have a great 4th of July ever one.
Hey Bullseye, I just ran across your post above and would also appreciate a copy of this list. Thank You.

Mike
JWG

Post by JWG »

Any ACT user can call their 800 number, ask whoever answers for the phone number for whichever insurance company and they will give it to you right then on the spot. They can also tell you which network it will be on, what the procedure is, and the price they pay for however many repairs. I use the 2.95 edi and have NEVER had a problem. If I ever have a question, I can call and ask, and within seconds, I have the answer. They do authorizations quite often and can fill you in as to whatever you may need answered.
jamesfhal

Post by jamesfhal »

If I could get a list of the ins companies and phone numbers emailed I would greatly appreciate it.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

Not true they sign you up and the networks contact you direct
ChipMaster52

Post by ChipMaster52 »

I know this post is older. But, I would like to get a copy of the insurance companies and their contact information.
I know I haven't posted enough messages to receive PM yet. But as I continue to read the forum I should have that accomplished in the next few days.
Horace
ross

Post by ross »

Bullseyemaster could you please send that list my way as well. Thanks man!