act users

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
cleanerimage

act users

Post by cleanerimage »

does anyone that uses act know how to speed the process up a bit. i have had some customers very upset when they got off the phone because it took so long and they had to repeat themselves several times. should i just prepare them for a long call or what? i looked at my phone for the last repair i did yesterday and the customers was on there for 26 minuets!
GLASSTIME
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: act users

Post by GLASSTIME »

Cleanerimage,

I too use ACT!
Yes the process when calling into ACT and letting them gain approval is lengthy!
Have you tried asking for the customers insurance card and making the call yourself to gain approval?
Its truly simple, you typically would want to introduce yourself who your with and let them know you there with Mr. Jones
You just completed a WSR to the 2006 Kia and you would like to know if they qualify for FREE Repair? They will ask to speak to the customer, just hand them the phone.
Now I've done numerous 3-way calls with my clients and I should add this too sometimes takes a bit, what I hate the most is like my area in N.C. A insurance company wants you to
Call them first and then they will put you through to Lynx.
The same questions that Insurance Company asked the customere Lynx operator ask the same?????

We call and gain approvals for all our WSR filing for FREE Repair.
We also file all online as we have found this is faster than filing over phone vis ACT website.
I stress to you to make sure you have all the correct info when filing as to the wrong info will only delay your claim.

Hope all this helps. PM or email me if you need extra info or help!
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
cleanerimage

Post by cleanerimage »

timetoshine,
for some reason im not able to pm or email you?? i have tried calling and getting approval first but it never seems to work, they say we need to call their network or the customer must call even if we have them right there next to us. do you call the network directly or just the number on their insurance card? i need to figure something else out because yesterday i had a customer waiting as i called act and could never even get them to answer the phone i tried for about and hour and got nothing, so it would be nice to get pre approved save some money and enter it all in on line. thanks for your help. maybe you could try to email me.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

cleanerimage,

You have to have ten legitimate posts on this board before the private message or e-mail functions will work for you. Until such a time timetoshine can request that I send you his personal contact information and I will be happy to do so.

Unfortunately the limitation on e-mail and private messaging is necessary to control spam. Thank you for your patience.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
bullseyemaster

Post by bullseyemaster »

i have a 5-8 page list of insurance companies that have the numbers for glass claims only. all 800 #s and each insurance company has what network they use. im going on vacation until the 8th but ill scan them to my computer and email them to any1 that want them when i get back as long as i can figure out my scanner lol. it also tells you how many chips each network will approve. this forum has been very help full to me hopefully this list will give something back to thise forum thanks have a great 4th of July ever one.
Dent-tastic

Post by Dent-tastic »

Hi, new to the WSR business, was wondering if i could get a copy of those #'s when you get back from vacation. thks

ken
bullseyemaster

Post by bullseyemaster »

yep no prob
Layne

Post by Layne »

I would appreciate a copy as well.

Layne
cleanerimage

Post by cleanerimage »

thanks bullseyemaster,
i really appreciate your help, that list would be awesome to get when you get back into town. hope every one has a great weekend!
Jbrodie

Post by Jbrodie »

Hey if you don't mine i would love a copy also. Te one I have only has a few insurance companies.

Thanks in advance