Two Bridge kit or One Bridge kit

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
MarkB

Two Bridge kit or One Bridge kit

Post by MarkB »

Hi, I'm thinking about starting up a windshield repair business - PartTime. In reading many of the posts here some believe a single bridge kit is great and some believe two bridges are the way to go. Given that I would be doing this business at night and on the weekends - Part time. Which do you think I should purchase, a single bridge kit or the two bridge delta kit?

Thanks Mark
adam@gtglass
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Two Bridge kit or One Bridge kit

Post by adam@gtglass »

Single bridge is fine, but since it is part time, you may consider a 2 bridge kit in case you find yourself in a situation with multiple breaks on the same piece of glass. This way, you could cut your time at that job significantly.

Also, if you intend on doing fleet work in spare time on evenings or weekends, you could do more than one vehicle much quicker, by leapfrogging down the line.

That would be the main benefit for you to have two bridges, in my opinion.
speedyprowsr

Post by speedyprowsr »

Personally, I think you would be money ahead to purchase the two bridge system. You never know when you will have to do multiple repair at the same time. I originally used a one bridge system and was always frustrated with having to wait to do the next repair. I now have five bridges and injectors. Granted, I probably went from one extreme to the other, but having the abililty to repair multiple chips or vehicles, for me, is worth the overkill. :twisted:
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

My first kit only came with 1 bridge and a couple crack expanders, this worked good for a while and then I found as I repaired more, it would be nice having at least one more bridge, because of the jobs that I would get to that had more than 1 chip in the windshield.

I have my first kit that I purchased from GT ( want to upgrade it to the maxim, eventually I will ), I have another older GT top loading system that I purchased off of Craigslist, and then I purchased a 2 bridge system w/ the 2 UV covers, evaporator, 2 fender covers, etc... I think this was somewhere near the $1,400 mark, and I picked it up for $900 new, never used on Craigslist.

So, I have 4 bridges, and I would say on average about every other job I have to use at least 2 of them, and at least a few times a week I use all 4 of them at a single location!

I think you will need to figure out what your budget is, and if you have the extra cash, I would go for the 2 bridge system, it's not gonna hurt you, it will benefit you probably sooner than later!

JJH
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I have several and tend to have at least 3 working at a time. It really is the dif between a ok living and a great one Today for example I worked 3 hrs cold calling buisness park sold 7 customers in the same place at $35 each all parked near each other start one cover injector and move on to the next do the same start the 3rd one go back check the 1st 2nd and 3rd start another result is 4 injectors working 11 chips done in 1 1/2 hours $245 It would have taken hours to do it with one inector left me time to pick up a small fleet of painting contractor trucks at another 11/2 hours $200 result $445 worked less than 4 hours
If you can have at least 2 injectors things will go much faster and if you think about it 7 repairs pay for a injector
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

I would always go for a two bridge kit. Our technicians carry as a standard a minimum of two injectors in their kits and in my own kit there are six.
If you don't do fleets, two may be doing the job for you.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I have had around five working at one time. I would say go with the two injector system, you will be able to do twice as much work once you are on the windshield than if you only had one. I use two or more a large percentage of the time.