My W/R site...........

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
stihlcarven
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

My W/R site...........

Post by stihlcarven »

Just got this thing up n started....I am wondering if anyone else would want to post pics of thier locations? I am gathering signage ideas, maybe some other newbies could benefit from seeing other locations...hope my picture comes thru...otherwise this post looks kinda wierd...
Attachments
my first day at location.
my first day at location.
100_3937.jpg (30.58 KiB) Viewed 374 times
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: My W/R site...........

Post by t4k »

Very nice! I am 100% mobile....no location shots for me.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

stihlcarven,

May I make a suggestion.

First Your location is awesome. However even from that distance and only looking at this photo it's hard to tell what you are over there doing. Again I am not standing there at that spot looking at you so viewings may be different.

I would save enough $$$$ and buy a larger banner with big bold letters advertising what I was doing.

Next,

See if the owner of that gas station would mind if you offered his customers who only get gas a complimentary windshield washing. At this time you could scan the glass for any chips present and then try and sell them on the repair! If he doesn't already have the tools to do this you can pick them up at your local Walmart. A scrubber with a squeege and some windshield washer fluid in a 5 gallon pal will do just fine!

Good Luck!
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
Clarity Glass

Post by Clarity Glass »

in addition to what time2shine said even if they don't have chips they will appreciate a clean w/s and will probably ask for a card. My experience in talking with people is they don't know where to go for chip repair. Best of luck from a fellow tent tech.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

ClarityGlass!

You hit the nail right on the head, In fact you burried it deep!

Yes,
I have had numerous of client's prospect and exsisting that still don't know where to find WSR?
When I mention the several marketing emails and newsletters that could very well be still in thier inbox.......

I sometimes still think my van isn't letterd.

One more thing.

When we do a chip repair, No matter where it is on the WS. We clean the entire glass!
Customers really appreciate this treatment!
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
stihlcarven

Post by stihlcarven »

Thank you, those ideas are great and I am going to implement them right away...I am tapped out getting together what I have and am just waiting for cash flow to up for some bigger and better signs....my best sign is a 10ftx2ft free windshield repair/ask for details sign that hangs on the side of my car. the other is a 6x3 with my business and free wsr on it as well....I want to sign up the back of my location for people to se who come in and get gas....I tried to make some signs but they looked bad and un-professional so I pay as I go and will get there...heres a bigger pic of my spot...the last one I shrunk to small I think. M first set up day brought me 7 repair 5 of them ins claims....they seem to pay much better...I had several drive away when quoting $35 for a chip repair...but a couple bit.I see alot of bad repairs...I wont do em...so I can't see myself taking less than $35 for the quality I insist on.Thanks again!!
Attachments
AWESOME DAY IN COLORADO
AWESOME DAY IN COLORADO
100_3938.jpg (142.82 KiB) Viewed 334 times
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

How did you secure location? If you don't want to answer here, can I PM you?
urbestbuys

Post by urbestbuys »

The windshield washing suggestion is great. I wash every windshield I repair even if it does not need washing, at least to clean where I made a mess on the glass where I just worked. However there is no need to go to Wal-mart and spend good money for window cleaner. All you need is a gallon of distilled or RO water and a few drops of joy dish soap...but don't use too much soap. It doesn't take much. A small bottle of Joy will last you forever. Been doing this for years.
stihlcarven

Post by stihlcarven »

Hey Dr. Chipster. I just walked in, and introduced myself. I wore my logo shirt n hat so I look as pro as possible. He wont write me a lease cause he wants an out if something doesn't go his way I imagine. So, because of that I am not going to stay at that particular location. I intend to grow and add locations so a lease is a must if I have employees relying on a perminent spot. I am signing a lease this week with a commercial prop mgr for a great spot by my house. It is going to cost me $275 a month. Being new I'm not sure if that is a great deal or not. I wouldnt mind someone chiming in on that. The spot in the picture runs $200 a month but no stability. It is a great spot though. So, just go in and have your ducks in a row. Ins....trade name...cards....know your stuff so to speak and bedazzle em with knowledge or b.s. (what ever you happen to have more of) I seem to use half n half of each.
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

So you have a month to month lease with the owner. how did you come up with the $200. 00 plus rent. Was it his idea or yours.