insurance too much of a hassle?? dont use it!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jw repair

insurance too much of a hassle?? dont use it!

Post by jw repair »

hi there,

my name is josh i just started my own biz in rock chip repair, in my past few years doing this i have discovered that it is just easier as an owner to only deal with the customer and only the customer insurance only mucks things up i average on a good week between 15-17 repairs a day and usually make from 400-1000$ a day cash! its easier for everyone what do you all think about that?

jw repair

josh willette
bullseyemaster

Re: insurance too much of a hassle?? dont use it!

Post by bullseyemaster »

15-17 repairs thats awsome!!!! you must be marketing door 2 door if not how do you do that many. id like 15-17 a day that would be nice please tell us how you steer that many to non ins.
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

Im more than a little suspicios of this post I was born at night but it wasnt last night
paulrsf
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by paulrsf »

Maybe he meant to say 15-17 repairs per week??
Paul R.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

Come on guys! This is the second time I have seen anothers post be harked on!

Give him the benefit of the doubt. He definatley deserves that right? I have met a guy in my area that is now retired , however I seen with my own eyes documentation (paid) invoices of where he used to do the same. So it is possible.
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I never did that many a day on a consistent basis, but I have customers who do so I know it can be done.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
jw repair

Post by jw repair »

little hint... do it at a car wash, it not only brings customers to you but also cleans the rock chip and provides for a hassle free storefront i did mean 15-17 a day and i am not charging 50 bucks either it is 35 but the volume more than makes up for the loss of 15$ per repair WORTH IT!
theglasstech

Post by theglasstech »

Hey jw are you not doing any insurance work?
theglasstech

Post by theglasstech »

Sorry after I read my post I remembered that was what this whole topic was about. I guess the better question to ask is why not do the insurance jobs. If you are selling that many for 35 then I would only imagine you could do more for free. You would also be making better money on those jobs.
jw repair

Post by jw repair »

i have done the insurance jobs in the past, they require too much insurance coverage and when i was doing insurance claims i remembered that it was 35 for the first and 15 for any aditional, it also takes more time i think my strongest day was 24 sales through insurance but for me its really not worth the hassle its more fun doing CASH deals and i dont need a fax number and i can insure myself, and i get paid right away! (just think of the possibities)... ugh cough tax? cough plus i can charge 35 for the first and upsale to 10 for additional so i just about get paid the same but within seconds instead of weeks of hassle