NEW Delta Kits Spring Hammer!!!!!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Roo
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

NEW Delta Kits Spring Hammer!!!!!

Post by Roo »

Well, I get home tonight to find my new Delta Kits Spring Hammer on my front porch! I am super excited about this new tool. So I take it out of the package and I am nothing short of impressed with the quality of this new toy. I figured out real fast how to use the spring loaded mini bullseye maker but this tool is a multi function tool as Korey described to me over the phone.

So I look for instructions and can't find any. So I get on the Delta Kits website and as I suspected Delta once again thought of everything and already posted a video of this cool new tool on the front page of their website. It has a built in scribe which is replaceable if it ever dulls out and you can take it out and flip it around to protect the point and yourself when you are not using it. On the opposite end you can unscrew the silver end and their is a built in measuring device to make sure you are drilling to the proper depth to create a perfect mini- bullseye.

So I put it back in the mailing package and say to myself "I will test this thing out in the morning on my practice glass". Well ,after dinner I couldn't stand it. I head out to the garage and drill a hole in my practice glass, measure the depth with the handy new gauge(by the way I have been drilling way too deep) and then cock the spring mechanism and release it and presto! Instant perfect bullseye with a touch of a button!!!! The bullseye it creates is about a 1/4 inch or 1/2cm. I drilled 7 more holes using the gauge everytime to make sure I was achieving proper depth with my drill and the spring hammer worked flawlessly everytime and provides a consistent size bullseye everytime. AMAZING!

The slide hammer was and is an awesome tool but this new spring hammer takes all the guesswork out of drilling and popping a bullseye to stop a crack from spreading. I can't wait to use it in the field!

Once again Delta is at the forefront of this industry and I am so glad I have chosen them to be my supplier! Awesome products, awesome service, and awesome results! Thank you guys for always staying ahead of the game!
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: NEW Delta Kits Spring Hammer!!!!!

Post by candyman »

Roo: I just saw the video for the spring hammer. Did you have the slide hammer and bullseye maker prior to that purchase. My question is this. Does the spring hammer make a smaller bullseye than the gold bullseye maker. The video was hard to observe the depth guage. When you push it into the hole does the sleve shown stop at the depth or do you need to adjust it for the depth. I have two typest of probe I use. one is a little thicker than the other tip. I sometimes use a machine needle. Iam getting better with flexing and probing legs. The magnifying glass helps see things that I was missing.
Roo

Post by Roo »

I wouldn't say the bullseye is smaller. I would say it is a more consistent bullseye. I often found with the slide hammer that it would sometimes take a few slides to get the size bullseye I needed. The spring hammer makes a 1/4" bullseye everytime if you drill to the 1/16" recommended depth which is what the gauge will show you. The gauge is a machined 1/16" nodule that you stick down into your drill hole. The best thing to do is not to drill too deep and then check the depth with the gauge, if it's not deep enough drill a little more and recheck the depth.

Another advantage the Spring Hammer has over the Slide Hammer it doesn't depend on gravity to create the bullseye. So with the Spring Hammer you can create the same bullseye everytime on any angle of windshield even verticle windshields like on Jeeps and Freight Trucks.

I hope that answers your question Candyman. If not let me know.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

The depth has a lot more to do with the size of the bullseye than most technicians realize. Credit for that part of the tool goes to Mr. Brian Fenner (SGT), who saw the need for consistency and suggested the importance of a depth gauge a couple of years ago. Brian designed his own depth gauge and recommended that we include a depth gauge in the spring hammer. Brian's innovative thinking is one of the many things that set him apart from his competitors. Thanks Brian!

The bullseyes may vary a bit in size depending on the thickness of the glass, but should be nearly identical in that same windshield if the hole is drilled to the proper depth. Thanks for all the kind comments Roo, I'm glad you like the spring hammer.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
candyman

Post by candyman »

Roo thanks for the information. I talked to Bruce on Friday and got more details. I will put that in my inventory on my next order. Korey ! I noticed on the contest in Vegas that a WS dome was being used inside. Is that because he also uses this for protecting the resin prior to curing.
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

The Repair Olympics were held inside but the technicians had to treat it like they were doing one outside.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
GLASSTIME

Post by GLASSTIME »

I just received my Spring Hammer and I just had to jot my thoughts here...

What a remarkable tool. Great Design, Top of the Line Quality, This is defiantely the "Heavy Duty" of all and any "Slide Hammers" on the market.
Ease of use. Simply pull up on the lid insert it into the void and press the two release tabs. Creates an unbelieveable "PERFECT" bullseye. I also like the thickness of the tool along with the cutout inlays at the needle end as it feels very comfortable to the fingers and hand. I have put away my scribe and my old slide hammer...<<<<SORRY GUYS>>>>and placed this tool in my box.

Way to go Delta for staying 10 steps ahead in the game and producing a extremely incrediable tool. Another innovation well planned , well crafted by "Simply the Best"

Kuddos!!!Kuddos!!!!
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

I recently purchased the spring hammer and used it yesterday on a job.
In my opinion, it hits the glass harder than the slide hammer.
It makes quite a "thunk" when it strikes the glass.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

Spring hammer?
I prefer a Summer hammer. :D

I've been to the website, it looks good. We will order some.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

I used it on a batwing this morning. It worked flawlessly.