Chipio?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Chipio?

Post by Eco Steam »

They have invaded my area about a little over a year ago....it's annoying, but I also try to see the good in every bad. When someone gets a horrible repair from a company, they will more than likely NOT use them again, which in hand, makes them search for someone else. Hope it's you or me or someone that knows what they're doing and can produce solid repairs.

This isn't a knock against the company(s) mentioned in this thread, I know what some of my Customers have told me, but it is what is and we deal with it!
Eco Steam Car Wash & Detailing
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

I see them everyday they operate as a sales org lots of rah rah at a morning meeting then out to whatever gas staion they work that day. they tend to rotate after a couple days to the next spot ending back at the first station in a month or so. They usually have several people at a spot flood the customers and move on. Tech-salesman gets 20 per job so they have to hustle I did steer a tech from them to another company here that I helped set up and he has worked out fine.
I guess its like any buisness some try to do a good job others finish and move on to the next dollar not really caring about quality. Chipio is a sell it now type of company with no return buisness they are affiliated with the same company that sell the waterless wax cleaner at gas staions and sells Victoria Jackson make'up door to door.
I have found many people are scared away by the hard sell but when aproached at a later date by me seem to be a easier sell my thinking is they liked the idea just didnt like the push so when aproached with a common sense sales pitch by a professional looking and acting tech they roll over.
I spent over 20 years selling cars there was always the high volume pushy dealership that treated customers as cattle while others looked at them as long term family both types made money But the later lasted longer and slept better I guess my point is there is a place for both types and as long as the repairs are done well I dont care what the other guy is up to as long as I treat my customers well they will come back when they need another repair and if they bump into a pushy operation it just makes them appreciate me more
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by clearquest »

But chipping someone's windshield to gain a sale is very uncool!