Buble Dome UV

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
ChampionCHIP,wsr
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Buble Dome UV

Post by ChampionCHIP,wsr »

if the chip is low enough i tuck it under the windshield wipers, on a windy day
paul
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Frank EU wrote:One can also add another suction cup for more stability. I believe the DK domes already have an additional one (most times they come with just 3).
Delta Kits bubble domes come standard with 5 suction cups. As always we have to be just a little different than everyone else. :D
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
scrubs147

Post by scrubs147 »

Would really like to see the "UVS100 UV Sun Shield" in a larger size. The one now is too small and becomes more cumbersome than a convenience. If it were large you would be able to work under it more comfortably.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

scrubs147 wrote:Would really like to see the "UVS100 UV Sun Shield" in a larger size. The one now is too small and becomes more cumbersome than a convenience. If it were large you would be able to work under it more comfortably.
Everyone has a different idea of the ideal size, so we try to accommodate the majority rather than stock a dozen different parts, but we are always open to suggestion. What is "your" ideal size for a UV shield? There are also a lot of different opinions on how thick the material should be and the ideal color. What are your preferences?
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Brent Deines wrote:
scrubs147 wrote:Would really like to see the "UVS100 UV Sun Shield" in a larger size. The one now is too small and becomes more cumbersome than a convenience. If it were large you would be able to work under it more comfortably.
Everyone has a different idea of the ideal size, so we try to accommodate the majority rather than stock a dozen different parts, but we are always open to suggestion. What is "your" ideal size for a UV shield? There are also a lot of different opinions on how thick the material should be and the ideal color. What are your preferences?
Wow, you can't be much more accommodating than that! You guys always amaze me. 8-)
paulrsf
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by paulrsf »

I've been using the Delta Kits UV dome for quite a while now. I think Brent is right when he says that everyone has a different idea of what the ideal size dome should be. I often wish the Delta Kits dome were smaller so it would fit more easily when used towards the edges of the windshield. All in all, the current dome works just fine for me. As for the color, clear seems to work well.
Paul R.
robert n

Post by robert n »

I use the bubble dome primarily to block the UV light. Even though it is cloudy...there is still UV light coming through clouds or bounching off the hood of the car.
chipfix

Post by chipfix »

The bubble dome opening looks like it would let in quite a bit stray UV and it looks like it would be awkward to reach in and flex stubborn legs.
Chips close to the edge... how? How can you see through when it has rain running down it?
What about reflection or glare that would make it harder to see? The distance it creates between your eyes and the damage could also be a negative.
Or what if you decide you have to drill after you've started a repair? it looks like you would have to remove it and then there would be
no protection for that minute or two.

To me a flexible UV screen makes a lot more sense (and it will fit in a toolbox).
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

If you clamp two of them together you have a great space helmet for your halloween costume!
Big E

Post by Big E »

Candyman, my bubble dome saved me the other day when a little cloud went over and dumped alot of rain. It only lasted a minute but without it the repair would have been compromised. I still think it's best to schedule around the rain, but who knew a little cloud that looked harmless would do that. You can shop around as previously mentioned, but well worth the investment no matter where you get it.