PITCH

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
slyfox76011

PITCH

Post by slyfox76011 »

ok so i have been doing this for almost 3 mo.. sells r always diffrent..i work from gas sataions and car washes....i would like some advice or maybe some diffrent picthes...i really like doing this ...im a new memeber hi to everyone
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: PITCH

Post by just chippen away »

My thought is just sit there with you banners up and let them come to you, they already know what they need done.... Doing a sales pitch would make make it sound like you are scamming them... The bad thing is you are new in the business and do not have the reputation behind you and the names to drop to help back your name and service....

On this site my words go unread or miss read, but I look at things from the customers point of view.... I would not want someone approaching me as I am just topping off gas trying to sell me something.... You may get both barrels out of my mouth of words you may not want to hear....

Again, Let them come to you... Just let them know the chances of the chip spreading with the heat if they do not get it repaired,,, It saves the insurance money in which keeps all our rates down also. Most insurance companies offer repairs for free as an incentive to save you money verses having to pay the deductible if you had one... But again it keeps their rates down. Ask them who there insurance is with,,, It may be your company also... That would also be a leader line with it.
Just Chippen Away
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Dave M »

Well...let's see, you have the fastball, sinker, cutter, knuckleball, curve, slider, and the change-up. Whatever you throw, don't get caught! :lol:
paulrsf
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by paulrsf »

Personally, I would treat each potential customer as a unique opportunity -even in the small amount of time you have to put your sales pitch across. For some folks, sitting back and letting the customer come to you would be okay. I prefer to have more control over sales than that approach. I try to "read" potential customers and when I feel it is appropriate, I talk to them. If they seem unapproachable, I pass. In some cases they approach me and sometimes not. Its not as if you are selling them something they can't use. After all, if they have a rock chip, its obvious. Some of them will shrug off your attempt to sell them on a repair, but others will really appreciate that you are pointing it out and potentially saving them the cost of replacing their windshield. In short, no one approach is the answer. Mix things up a bit until you stumble on an approach that works best for you, and stick to it.
Paul R.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I agree with chippen away a 100%.Low pressure sales.People do not like to be sold.I do agree that every sale is different but people are very skeptical now days and should be.I am not the one to go and set in one place.I can hustle more up than most people can do at a carwash or gas station.
screenman

Post by screenman »

1. Never sell to a stranger make them a friend first.
2. Do not sit and wait for your boat to come in swim out and get it.
3. Be pro-active not in-active.
4. Sell, sell, sell.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Just let people know that you do windshield repair and you do it well.
If they are intelligent you dont have to try to sell them.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I have been a salesman most of my life cars for over 20 years before switching to this the most important thing i tell any salesperson is Look and Act professional be friendly and stick your hand out and with a smile introduce yourself people buy and listen to someone they like