Finally! Thank you Safelite!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
AGSS

Finally! Thank you Safelite!

Post by AGSS »

They are charging $129 for a mobile chip repair (within 30 miles) add more if its further and $90 in shop. I for one am glad to see these charges. I heard the CEO of Belron say that it will take Belron/Safelite to raise the prices to a profitable level, they are the only ones who can. Independants are too independant to make a profitable change. So I raise my red solo cup to you Belron/Safelite!
Auto Glass Rescue
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Finally! Thank you Safelite!

Post by Auto Glass Rescue »

Great :D Now when will the others follow??
SeeClearly

Post by SeeClearly »

Safelite has been charging this for some time, at least the last year. That price is for repairs that they do themselves for customers who do not have insurance. So they charge more, it will only affect us from the same type of client; the non-insured. For some that might be a good thing, for others who do not process a lot of non-insured work, it probably means nothing. Even if they get insurance companies to realize the higher repair pricing, I am pessimistic that the cost increase will be trickled down to all the shops processing claims through them as a TPA. The trend in the pricing through the TPA is decreasing not increasing. For fleets, that is a completely different beast that I am sure will never get a repair price that high, since most fleets are self-insured. JMOP. :)
SeeClearly

Post by SeeClearly »

Oops...many will ask. It was a typo...I meant JMHO. :D
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by clearquest »

Hope your red solo cup is straight moonshine cuz safelite's high pricing sure as heck isn't going to filter through to what us "other" network providers are getting! Drink up my friend! Make it a double! The alchohol will help dull the pain!
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Belron over here are quoting $157 but we still have guys charging $20, what insurers do pay and that is getting fewer are paying about $55 on average. For fleets Belron will charge what ever it takes to get them on condition they have the replacement work, from my experience and that of my customers when Belron did the repairs the replacement ratio rocketed. No dry out, no drill, no crack repair, no near the edge repair, no 2 chips closer than 4 inches and the list goes on.

I find once a customer realises how good you are compared with the majority out there, they are going to use and keep you. Just got to make sure you are the best in your area and that people know it.
SeeClearly

Post by SeeClearly »

Screenman, I agree with your post. We have found that Safelite will even offer free repairs to fleet customers if they are given the replacement business. We gladly go against them with repairs, but gladly give let them have the replacements since we do not do them. We have also found here that they do the same thing with regards to repairs....find any reason to not do a repair due to size, location, etc. It's all good though, things like that make it an easier sell for everyone else, right?
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

I can get a quality replacement for under 200 bucks from them here but they want 89 for repair go figure :D
nixquax

Post by nixquax »

Most of the used car lots I service tell me they can have replacements for an average of about $160. Most refuse to pay more than $45. I advertise my company as Low Cost high Quality repair only. Safelites prices help me sell my service. NXQX
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Used car lots here would laugh you out of town if you tried to charge 45 dollars.Here you cannot get more than 25 and that is the reason I dont give them the time of day.If they want crapy work be it!I will stick with my rental and insurance.