ring around the bullseye

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
DryStar
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: ring around the bullseye

Post by DryStar »

Cryatal_Image wrote:
Brent Deines wrote:Several of us have already provided the explanation; the solar coating is damaged. Thanks for verifying that it was there before you attempted the repair; if you mentioned that before I missed it. I agree with you, there is nothing you did or didn't do...or could do for that matter, except perhaps to explain to the customer in advance that the "halo" will not go away. Next time you'll know.
Thanks Brent. ACtually, it was on my wifes van. As previously stated, its been there for approx. 6 months. I was always to busy to fix it. TO busy with work and trying to make a living. Maybe its due to acid rain/moisture, salt, air polution, etc some kind of reaction to the outside elements; maybe It could be a reaction to light much like a prism or diamond has. I just dont know
I'd like to put this post to rest. Two years ago my father called me only hours after having a stone hit on his "98" Pontiac/ Montana solar reflective windshield. It was a bulls-eye and the white/silver ring was visible. Repaired as normal but ring was still there. Did the windshield ever damage further? No. Did the white/silver ring ever change? No it didn't.

When I service these shields today, I explain to customers it's like damaging a mirror in their house with these reflective shields. The reflective surface under the glass is permanently damaged and can't be restored. They all seem to understand that and will live with it, knowing it won't get any worse.
Cryatal_Image
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: ring around the bullseye

Post by Cryatal_Image »

sounds good :)