Disclaimer or Waiver

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
shawn2369
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Disclaimer or Waiver

Post by shawn2369 »

Hi, I am new. I just started out in the busines becuase I live in a small town and there is no services such as this in the area. One thing I am wondering about is what do you do when fixing a chip and it splits? I know you can not fully predict this? Do you eat the cost of a windshield for the customer? So far nothing has happened and I have been warning my customers a crack could happen. Does anyone get their customers to sign a waiver or disclaimer?
Kgobin

Re: Disclaimer or Waiver

Post by Kgobin »

shawn2369 wrote:Does anyone get their customers to sign a waiver or disclaimer?
We verbally explain the windshield repair process, the benefits of windshield repair, and we set the expectation. Afterwards, we ask the customer to sign-off that they have been instructed as to the expectations; warranties and disclaimers involved with windshield repair and understand the policies regarding these matters. Signing below indicates that you have read and agree to the terms set herein.

I have emailed a copy of it to you.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
shawn2369

Post by shawn2369 »

I wanted to say thank you for that. I think I can modify that information to suit what I am looking for.
benswindshieldrepair

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

When you repair a chip, you are preventing it from spreading. Thus, you are attempting to fix and ALREADY broken windshield. If it can be fixed, then great, if not, it's still broken. As a repair/replacement shop, I tell my customers that the cost of repair will be applied to a replacement if the chip spreads after repair. When I was repair-only, I offered a full refund of the cost of repair ONLY. I would never pay for a replacement on a repair I made on an already broke windshield. My invoice disclaimer (the one that has been circulated widely here on DK) detailed this very clearly, and I was also very sure to explain this to every customer. I've had a few crack out, but I've never had a dissatisfied customer because of the expectations I clearly communicated to them.
candyman

Post by candyman »

I have all repair customers sign a disclaimer. I only refund what I charged to do the repair if that break fails. I have had customers get additional breaks and have the WS replaced. They request a refund. It pays to verify with the person that does the replacement where the break was. I have discovered some people are not as honest as I thought.
candyman

Post by candyman »

I have all repair customers sign a disclaimer. I only refund what I charged to do the repair if that break fails. I have had customers get additional breaks and have the WS replaced. They request a refund. It pays to verify with the person that does the replacement where the break was. I have discovered some people are not as honest as I thought.
ExpressWR

Post by ExpressWR »

Hey Korey, do you think you could send me a copy of that disclaimer as well?

Please and thanks!
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

I just emailed it to you
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Toby 1 kenobi

Post by Toby 1 kenobi »