Free VS. No-Cost

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
AutoEgo

Post by AutoEgo »

I have averaged about 2 maybe 3 jobs a week just from the graphics on the car. I think this is pretty darn good. Just rollin down the road and the phone rings. Right nice way to get customers. As far as the quick compliment goes, ran it last Saturday. 14 flat at 102! From a 1.8 liter powerplant in an almost 3000 lb car, NOT TOO SHABBY! 8)

Sean
Scott Tyner

Thanks for the compliments...

Post by Scott Tyner »

Hi Sean,

Sounds like the graphics on your car are paying off for you. 2 to 3 jobs a week from them is close to making the car payment I imagine.

As far as the quickness of your beetle, you might want to consider adding "We'll Be There In 30-Minutes Or Less." Just kiddin', wouldn't want you getting any tickets.

You have some really nice graphics. Very eye-catching. The pictures you've posted should give others some creative ideas with their own vehicles.

Scott
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

CrackedUp,

Just curious, what state do you run your business in? I live in Michigan and have never had an insurance agent complain or comment about advertising "Free Repair" Actually, after calling in a claim as recent as today.. I heard Metlifes/Lynx on hold message say to the customer if their damage is repairable they'll waive the deductible. Isn't that pretty much saying it "free or no cost"?

What most insurance companies in Michigan are having a real problem with right now is almost every glass shop is advertising "free replacement". Believe it or not.... after phone shopping my competition in this area I found two of our biggest glass replacement company's willing to waive a $250 deductible on a $279 insurance job!

Now that makes it hard on the repair only guy!
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

Every situation is different so Im not sure there is a correct answer.
If you are working out of a high line car dealership for example thier customer base is prone to avoiding the "FREE" situations they think they are too smart to fall for that.
Where if you are working out of a KIA dealership they might jump at it and shy from the "NO CHARGE"
I guess what im saying is it depends on your market share and target customers.

I use the "FREE" selectively and loosely I use whether the vehicle is a Import or domestic The Domestic guy gets the buisness card with "I Will Fix Your Windshield Free" stamped in red on the back the BMW,Mercedes,Lexus etc. guy gets the plain card it works for me.
cure4glass

CT Windshield repair

Post by cure4glass »

I use the words " Insurance Approved" .This brings curiosity from the potential customer and at that point I can explain to them how their repair could very well be at no charge to them.
CPR

Free wsr

Post by CPR »

Here is a quick homework assignment for all of us here, call your insurance agent and tell them that you had a chip repaired and want to find out if it,s covered with no strings attached. When I called Allstate they told me that yes it is covered, BUT I might loose my discount for not having any claims in over 3 years ( 2 cars ). Then we can post the results and compare notes.
Scott Tyner

Best long crack resin

Post by Scott Tyner »

I think this would be very helpful CPR, to know which Insurance Companies count repair as a claim and either raise the premium or eliminate the discount and which ones don't.

Scott
CrackedUp

Post by CrackedUp »

I have several close friends who are Insurance agents. Two work for independent agencies that represent dozens of insurance companies suchs as Safeco, Hartford, Farmers, Progressive, etc. The other one is a Shelter agent. I've talked to all three extensively about windshield repair claims. All three tell me that even though insurance companies waive deductibles and pay for repairs, they really don't care for this process to be sold or promoted as "FREE". They think it's promotes a cheezy way of doing business with their valuable clients. All three direct their insured clients away from doing business with the guy who sits on the edge of town with a big ole banner that says FREE Windshield Repair and they recommend me as a higher class operator who they feel better represents the type of quality image that they prefer. I get a ton of insurance company referals from all of the agents in my area, not just my friends, so I assume that they feel the same way about it that my insurance company friends do.
Scott Tyner

Post by Scott Tyner »

Crackedup,

Sounds like you've built up a good relationship with the insurance agencies. Nothing better than being recommended by someone. Hope it keeps happening for you.

Scott
CrackedUp

Post by CrackedUp »

If you are a network member and you want the insurance work, the absolute best thing you can do is develop a good working relationship with all of the insurance agencies in your area. Stop in and see them frequently. Take them business cards or saver patch cards. Leave them note pads with your business name on them. Get to know the people. They can really assist you and send business your way!