Repairs not smooth

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Basil
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Repairs not smooth

Post by Basil »

Hi I am having trouble with my repairs. I noticed with many of my completed repair the chip is not smooth it looks like there is a piece of glue stuck where the impact point was. Can anyone please help me thanks!
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Repairs not smooth

Post by Kgobin »

Sorry to hear that you are having issues Basil. Tell us what type of equipment you are using and what is your windshield repair process.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I have come across people doing repairs where they do not know they have to scrape and polish.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I run across that a lot as well. I also find a lot of techs don't use pit resin so on larger pits they do not get a flat surface even if they do scrape and they have no idea that a quality pit filler is harder than injectable resins allowing it to polish up better and last longer. Even if a tech uses multiple layers of thin resin to achieve a flat surface, which in my experience most don't, the end result may not be satisfactory or offer maximum longevity.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.