What can we do to make the windshield repair forum better?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

What can we do to make the windshield repair forum better?

Post by Brent Deines »

windshieldrepairforum.com used to be very active, but although we are still getting a lot of viewers, and quite a few new members, many new and existing members are not posting as regularly as they once did. I have to admit this has made it much easier to manage, but the whole idea behind offering this forum is to provide a place for new and existing windshield repair, windshield replacement, headlight restoration, and dent removal professionals, to share ideas, experiences, and advice for the benefit of everyone in their industry. We are certainly open to suggestions for improvement so please tell us, what is the reason for the lack of activity?

Subjects thoroughly covered? There is a great deal of information here but surely those new to the industry have questions that have not been answered yet, or are unable to find answers to all of their questions.

Unfriendly atmosphere?

Forum guidelines or moderation too strict?

Other forums preferred? If so, which ones do you like the most?

What can we do to improve the windshield repair forum experience?

Any and all responses to these questions are greatly appreciated. If you prefer you can also private message or email me.

Is it Screenman? It's Screenman isn't it? I knew it! ;)

Thanks for your help!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
ghost rider

Re: What can we do to make the windshield repair forum better?

Post by ghost rider »

When in doubt I would say as a general rule of thumb it's the moderators fault. Yes lets blame the moderator! Or it could be that the Deltakits employees are too good at their job and there are no more questions to ask because they answered them all on the phone. This does bring up a suggestion. Delta Kits probably handles many problem calls that would help many techs. Would it be possible to somehow share these call-in problems and the related fix on the forum? Or if you're just looking for more traffic, a gift certificate for the best post of the month would generate some talk. No, lets just blame the moderator.
Brent Deines

Re: What can we do to make the windshield repair forum better?

Post by Brent Deines »

Ha, I guess you are a sure winner so far so I'll get that gift certificate in the mail! We do get a lot of questions sumbitted through the "Ask an Expert" page on the Delta Kits website and we are slowly getting the answers to those questions posted on the website so some may find that easier than searching thorugh thousands of posts on the forum. I can run your idea of posting questions that our sales reps and CSRs take and the answers that they give to our marketing manager. I do think that would be helpful but it would be primarily limited to Delta Kits products and our recommended procedures. The beauty of the forum is that technicians can ask questions about other brands and users of other brands can give unbiased (preferably) answers. Equally important is forum users have field experience that is very valuable for new and existing technicians regardless of the products they use.

You are probably right though, it is the evil moderators causing the problem.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.