feedback

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
richp
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

feedback

Post by richp »

I'm looking at getting into this business, we have 70,000 locally and 600,000 30 miles away. I don't see a lot of companies doing this in the area. Looking for suggestions on breaking into the business.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: feedback

Post by Brent Deines »

Looks like you have been kicking this around for at least 4 or 5 months. Delta Kits has a lot of great tools to help you get started, most of them for free, but information and education will only get you so far, at some point you have to take action. 70,000 people with little competition is more than enough to run a successful windshield repair business, and 600,000 more only 30 miles away is perfect!

Are you in the USA? If so, what area of the country? There is no bad time to get started in my opinion, but I think most windshield repair professionals will agree that the spring is the absolute best time to get the ball rolling as a lot of rock chips happen in the winter, but are not repaired until the spring and summer.

Have you decided on a name and a logo for your business and determined what type of business entity is best for you? If not, do that now and get your business registered in your state. If your state or city requires a business license, get that taken care of now as well. These are easy and inexpensive things to do but absolutely essential to have in place before you start marketing your business.

Have you decided what your business model will look like? If not, write a business plan so you have a roadmap to follow as your business grows. For instance, you may want to focus on fleets, or maybe all you want to do is insurance work. Either is fine but they are very different business models. Will you have a fixed location or will you be strictly mobile. Again, whatever you decide is fine, just write it down so you you can create a budget and a marketing plan that is tailored to fit your business model. You can and should always make adjustments to your business model as you go, and in my opinion you should never away from insurance work just because your business model is primarily fleet work, or vice versa, but if you specialize in something your chances of success will be greatly improved.

Do you know where to get liability insurance for your company at a good price? Do you know how to sign up with the networks and have an inexpensive and easy way to submit insurance claims? Do you know how to develop fleet accounts or land a killer tent location? Do you know how to build a Google Business page and get it to show up in front of your competitors? Do you have a windshield repair system, and are you confident in your ability to use it effectively? We have check lists on the Delta Kits website that will help you answer most of these questions and much more. We also offer training and certification classes that will help you get started on the right foot, and we just a new program called the Windshield Repair Launch Pad, that gives you two and a half hours of dedicated one on one time with experts in setting up new windshield repair businesses for success. I'm pretty excited about this one because in that two and a half hours we will actually walk you through the entire process of setting up your business, from registering your business name, to signing up with the networks, to selecting and marketing a business model that makes sense for you!

Of course I hope you already own a Delta Kits windshield repair system, or will soon, but even if you choose a competitor's product we are here to help, and this is a good place to start: https://www.deltakits.com/new-windshiel ... -checklist

If you need help finding something on the Delta Kits website, signing up for training, signing up for the Windshield Repair Launch Pad program, or if you have specific questions I can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask. And as always, I recommend new technicians continue to post questions on this forum. I have a lot of experience and enjoy sharing the things I have learned over the years, but there are many other successful business owners on this forum who have a great deal of expertise that you will find extremely helpful. The more specific your questions the more they will be willing and able to assist you.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.