Dremal

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
richp
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Dremal

Post by richp »

After reading some posts I'm just wondering if more power is better when it comes to drilling.
kennycrane

Re: Dremal

Post by kennycrane »

For me the Dremel that comes with the Delta kits, I believe it is what they call 7300 has proven to be sufficient for all of my glass drilling needs. Keep a fresh battery and a good bit. It is a perfect fit for my hands and has more than enough power. I will periodically have to replace the battery for a new one. But again in my opinion it is the perfect size and power to do the job, a bigger more powerful one would not be good, can create a lot of damage.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

I would add that in our experience you will go through far more drilling burs if you use a drill that runs over 15,000 rpms. We used to carry drills that ran at 20,000-30,000 rpms but we received too many complaints about burs not lasting. The 7300 runs at 1300 rpms when on high, which we find to be just about optimal.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

I also could add that I never use my drill the 7300 on the high speed, I always use on the low speed. I sure don't want my drill skipping across the windshield while on high speed. :o
Jtmac

Post by Jtmac »

Ditto on the low speed. More power is not better in this situation. Bits are more likely to heat up and break.