Tiny nicks from stone impact

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
FUZCO
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Tiny nicks from stone impact

Post by FUZCO »

Can these be fixed so that they are nice and smooth and unnoticeable, or am I pretty much stuck with dealing with it? They are tiny and purely a cosmetic issue (no spidering) but the white, crushed glass marks are bothering me even though it's on the passenger side.

If they are fixable, would pit filler wind up leaving a cloudy spot anyway or it it possible to get an invisible result? Picture attached.

Thanks!

-From NJ
windshield.jpeg
windshield.jpeg (341.38 KiB) Viewed 449 times
kennycrane

Re: Tiny nicks from stone impact

Post by kennycrane »

I have often dabbed a little Delta Magnibond resin on them place a curing tab on it and cure, also polish. I think it works great but once again is not a miracle you still might see something there but definitely better than the before.
FUZCO

Post by FUZCO »

kennycrane wrote:I have often dabbed a little Delta Magnibond resin on them place a curing tab on it and cure, also polish. I think it works great but once again is not a miracle you still might see something there but definitely better than the before.

Novice here, sorry.

Is the curing tab the clear plastic strip that goes over the resin? Does it need a light? What can be used last to try an obtain a clear finish instead of a cloudy one? Thank you.

Anyone in NJ that can do this?
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

Yes it is the clear plastic tab, it does need to be cured in sunlight or uv light. When I have done this the resin really lightens up the spot itself, and then I scrape it smooth then polish, seems to work great for me.
FUZCO

Post by FUZCO »

What about the Premium Bond 3000?
kennycrane

Post by kennycrane »

FUZCO wrote:What about the Premium Bond 3000?
In my opinion it is just not the thing for such a small abrasion, the Magnibond absorbs up the white specs cures out and scrapes smooth. Works great for me.
Jtmac

Post by Jtmac »

I've found that those fix best if I use my drill to lightly drill them and clean them out then I'll add some low viscosity pit filler, tape and cure. They should polish out pretty nicely.