The Business is there if you want it!

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: good luck jeff

Post by Anonymous »

Jeff I do not have your cell, E-mail it to me at Autoglass1482@aol.com. Also have you got a good kit yet?
Anonymous

E-mail me

Post by Anonymous »

I signed up with the networks ions ago. And truthfully wish I had not. Direct billing pays more. Referrals are a joke as long as Safelite is at the reins. And steering, don't get me started. My advice to anyone NOT on the network list and under CONTRACT to be paid what they are willing to pay is.. DO NOT SIGN UP.. The insurance companies are feeling the squeeze from the independants that direct bill, and trust me SAFELITE is too. They want you under contract so they can dictate the pricing. All I'm saying is, since you can't negotiate the price they are willing to pay, then see if they will add a guarantee of 3 jobs per week minimum. You already know the answer, they can't. Why? Because Safelte Repair Medics are doing 89% of all claims being called in. And of that 89%.. Are you ready? 39% are being bait and switched into relacement shields.. How do I know this? A very good friend of mine who lives in Jersey just went on (permanent leave of abscence) from Safelite, where he was the East Coast Regional Sales Manager.. According to him.. Safelite is struggling with internal management troubles and is still sinking. So he bailed, while he could.. Just something to ponder on before you go to the Networks expecting to get rich and be busy.. Notice the original post from the almost ex-PPG guy. He said he got the work from dealerships.. Not the networks...
Anonymous

re: autoglass

Post by Anonymous »

I was told that it does cost $100 to sign up with LYNX or I wouldn't be able to bill state farm or allstate.

I am already approved with State Farm.
Anonymous

Re: The Business is there if you want it!

Post by Anonymous »

Have a question for you guys.......................I have checked into the Billing and EDI software.................I can get a very good deal from Main Street due to the business that I have sent them in the past.

Here is my question.
If I do not sign up for networks........Can I direct bill in an EDI?
Also.....I opt to Direct bill....................DO I need to contact ever single insurance carrier to be set up as an approved vendor?

I would like as much info as I can gather and so farI have picked up some info. from you guys that is very helpful and I am thankful for.

Jeff
Anonymous

Re: re: autoglass

Post by Anonymous »

Jeff, I saw a direct bill list on this forum a while back. It included alot of Ins. Companies names, addresses, and how much they would normally pay. Granted, its a far cry from listing every agency known, but.. as time continues, it too shall grow. As for EDI billing, I do not use it. I snail mail or fax invoices to the Insurance Co's that I am not already contracted via the networks. The only Co's I really despise as for payment dictation is State Farm and Allstate. They are by far the cheapest, that I've seen. Good Luck..
Anonymous

re: Jeff

Post by Anonymous »

That is really what I am looking for............How do you direct bill Allstate and State Farm?

Mail or Fax?

Straight to allstae/state farm or always to Lynx?
Anonymous

Re: re: Jeff

Post by Anonymous »

You cannot bill Allstate or State Farm Direct. It must go thru Lynx with a dispatch number. BUT... One way around it, is to collect direct from the customer, and have customer submit bill to local agent.. Oh, yes.. it does piss off State Farm and Allstate, but the customer will be re-imbursed and you have your money upfront.
Anonymous

re: Jeff

Post by Anonymous »

Jeff, call me on monday I will fax you some info on direct billing, EDI ( which to me is a waste of money, unless you are planing to do a hell of alot of ins work). We also use Mainstreet have no problems with it. We like Glassdoc said, try to get the insured to pay up front then they collect from the ins. co. This can be done several way's. The way we found best is to get a visa number at time of the repair, mark the invoice paid, the customer gets reimbursed from the agency, we run the card. This way the customer is not out the money up front and we get to charge what we want. The hell with the networks and EDI they both get too deep in your pockets..
Chris...
Anonymous

direct bills

Post by Anonymous »

Auto Glass Repair,

If you want a email copy of that insurance billing list I posted here just email me. I will also respond to your other emails when I get a chance. Thanks.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Re: direct bills

Post by Anonymous »

Brian
I found the Insurance list you posted here and saved it to my computer thanx.

Chris
If you have any info. that you feel would be helpful to me you can fax it over if you like.........Maybe even the info. you told me about yesterday on the phone.

My Fax # is 843-821-0463

P.S.......I emailed PPG Corporate this morning and asked them to email you direct your online ordering username and password............I gave them your AOL email addy.....When you receive the password call me on the cell # I gave you Yesterday and I will walk you through the process of odering.

Jeff