Thinking of getting into windshield repair questions?

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: long crack in cold weather

Post by Anonymous »

Could you be sucessful doing repairs from a home based shop?
Anonymous

Thinking of getting into windshield repair questions?

Post by Anonymous »

Most definately, especially if most of your work is mobile service, it makes good sense to establish an office at home, since most of your time will be spent elsewhere anyway. Get call forwarding on your office phone and have calls forwarded to your cell #.
Anonymous

re: home based shop

Post by Anonymous »

What I mean is having customers bring their cars to my shop.
Anonymous

home based shop

Post by Anonymous »

There seems to be lots of laws, codes, and regulations when it comes to having a business where people come to your home. I would be most positive that I could meet all regulations before having people come over to your "shop" (home). Anyways, do the research for your area so that you can be sure to meet all requirements and good luck.
Let us know how things work out.
What area are you in?

Chris~
WiseCrack Windshields, LLC.
WiseCrackWR@hotmail.com
Anonymous

Laws...

Post by Anonymous »

Which kit do most people use I was looking into glasweld or delta any suggestions? Also where are good places to advertise? Where do you seem to get most customers ads , referrals etc? Thanks for all replies
Anonymous

???'s

Post by Anonymous »

Did you see my post? I had a few questions for you!!! If you take the time to answer posts on this website... especially the ones that you initiate, then people will be able to help you in a more efficient manner. So my advise to you is to respond to those who ask of you.
What area are you in? What do your competitors seem to be doing?
As to answer your question about whose kit to go with, I choose Deltakits for a simple reason. There customer support is by far the Best Staff that I have had the chance to work with!!! If you ever have any questions for any reason you simply call them up and BAM... you've got people ready to listen and ready to help!!! When I call deltakits, I feel like an extension of their family, you don't find that anywhere else these days.

Hope to hear back from ya,
Chris~
WiseCrack Windshields, LLC.
WiseCrackWR@hotmail.com
Anonymous

???'s

Post by Anonymous »

I'm in Vermilion Ohio. I don't know of anybody in my area doing windshield repairs. Wisecrack did you take delta's class before you started doing repairs?I really want to go with a kit that has a good class so that I feel confident in myself to do a quality repair
Thanks Dave
Anonymous

????'s

Post by Anonymous »

Anybody else have any suggestions or comments? Thanks Dave