cleaning injecter

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Any more suggestions

Post by Anonymous »

just want to no what kind of different cleaning agent others use to clean there injecter. i also own a delt kit .
thank's for your time...
Anonymous

cleaning injecter

Post by Anonymous »

I use what Delta recommends... denatured alcohol and compressed air. The alcohol can readily be purchased in the paint supply area of nearly any hardware/homecenter store. I use "canned" air as opposed to my shop compressor as I don't trust my filters enough and it is so convenient to just have a small can in my toolkit.
Anonymous

Re: cleaning injecter

Post by Anonymous »

Dave,
When you clean the injector with the Alcohol, do you soak it or just wipe it on with a rag or paper towel? I have had no problems thus far with keeping my tools clean; not to mention, that I haven't used alcohol as an agent. I do plan on cleaning with alcohol after every use though just to be on the safe side.

Thanks,
Chris~
WiseCrack Windshields, LLC.
WiseCrackWR@hotmail.com
Anonymous

Cleaning injector

Post by Anonymous »

Mind that I have not been doing this for a very long time, but I utilize the official Deltakits Injector Soaking Cup, filled with DN Alcohol, give the seperated injector(s) a thorough dousing, then wipe and blow. I have done some late evening repairs for friends, which wind up becoming the inevitable beer bash , and have soaked the injectors overnight and have not noticed any resulting damage to the seals.
Anonymous

Re: Cleaning injector

Post by Anonymous »

I also clean my injectors by soaking and shaking mildly using denatured alcohol. I have left the injectors soak over night with no seal deterioration but have also left soak over vacation and the seals will deteriorate with prolonged exposure.

Tip: change your alcohol frequently to prevent any residue build up which would ultimately affect the appearance of future repairs.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

are you referring to the denatured alcohol or the consumable type?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dave,
I was of course talking about Denatured Alcohol!!!

Thanks,
Chris~
WiseCrack Windshields, LLC.
WiseCrackWR@hotmail.com