third repair :)

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

your location in wyoming

Post by Anonymous »

Ok I finally realized why my cracks were still showing up more than they should.I did a repair to a friends windshield and I realized I wasn't keeping the pressure on long enough to allow the resing to get into the crack before I put the UV to it.I have a round UV light that works really good.This repair turned out great.He was very happy.The crack cannot be seen but I am still unhappy with the final pit filling.I put 2 drops of pit filler and gently rolled the film tab onto the pit and then cured.When I scrap off the excess and get to the pit area it kinda scraps some out of the pit.Am i doing this wrong or is it normal? Thanks for any help

tooldini(jeff)
Anonymous

third repair :)

Post by Anonymous »

Jeff,

I had the same "oit" problem with my first few repairs and Brad at Delta "cured" the problem.

He suggested that I stick with the tabs (as opposed to the film) as they leave enough of a hump and to be sure that the "fresh" blade is truly perpendicular to the repair. So, I just went back to the problem pits and reapplied pit resin and voila!!!
Anonymous

I had the same problem

Post by Anonymous »

Thanks,, I'll see what I can do.Its driving me nuts LOL I wanna do excellent work.Well I have a two day training in columbus Ohio this june from glasweld so that should help out some.Thanks for the info

Jeff