Service Fee

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: Post office accounts?

Post by Anonymous »

Does anyone with larger fleet accounts 25, 50 or more vehicles charge a service fee for vehicle inspections?

I have a few large school district bus fleet accounts and they like to do all there repairs at the end of the school year prior to state inspections. They are coming up since school is almost out for the year. They want us to inspect and repair all there windshields basically in one day. I am preparing there fleet service agreements know and thought I would charge a $50.00,$75.00 or $100.00 service fee that would be waived if repairs were needed. If no repairs needed this would cover my inspection time. Maybe I should charge the fee regardless.

What do you think? Any suggestions?

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Service Fee

Post by Anonymous »

Since this account won't be serviced on a regular basis, I think you should definitely charge a fee. You can't get a mechanic to look at your car for free.

www.ohnonotagain.com
Anonymous

Re: Service Fee

Post by Anonymous »

Well the whether was finally nice enough this week here in PA to actually work. Yesterday I serviced one of my large school accounts with 121 vehicles. It yielded 15 repairs. This number is probably low compared to the west coast potential?

I just thought I would update everyone or anyone who cares what I decided for the service fee for my large fleets. Instead of one lump fee say of $100.00 dollars, I decided to go with a $1.00 per vehicle inspection fee that would be waived on the vehicles that needed repair. I thought this broke it down and would be easier to swallow physiologically. It worked out well and I am glad I charged the fee as it took me just shy of 2 hours to inspect all the vehicles and they were not in one spot. I presented the service agreement too the transportation director, he reviewed and signed it, we shook hands and to work I went. It was a very good day even if it was 100 degrees. And the best part of it is he is putting me in contact with 3 more school districts on top of the three I have. Hopefully they pan out....

Just thought I would share my real world experience with everyone.

Pay it foward,

Brian

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

so what your really saying is you made 106.00 bucks for walking around and 15 repairs with repair fees, way to go man ! thats what we need!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Sprinter,

You can also, we all can and deserve to get paid for our time and services. This not something I think we should run out and abuse but it should be strategically implemented where warranted. These large school bus fleets that want to only have service annually are one such example. Your time is valuable and I feel that it was a fair price for almost 2 hours inspection time. If you were to do 4 repairs at 50.00 dollars, that $200.00 so I think think was fair overall.

I am still up in the air and leaning towards not charging a service fee for fleets under 25 vehicles if they agree to having me routinely service their account as I will build it into my route. If they call just out of the blue and only want a 1 time deal then I will charge for my time. As for the average individual and their personal vehicle well...

Bottom line for me is, I feel our time is worth something for all these situations. The problem is can it be implemented in all situations without a negative impact. I don't think so, especially on the individual level. If anyone has any thoughts on how to structure this for the individual and small accounts please post and for those who try this good luck.

Pay it foward,

Brian