Replacing windshield on 2014 Mazda 6

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
jgm0348
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Replacing windshield on 2014 Mazda 6

Post by jgm0348 »

We have a client that would like us to replace the windshield on her 2014 Mazda 6. It has the advanced driver assist system, do I need to do any recalibration of the system after the install? If so where can I find information on how its done?
Glasseye
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Replacing windshield on 2014 Mazda 6

Post by Glasseye »

Not sure where you are in the world jgm0348 but if you have not been trained to re-calibrate ADAS, you need to advise your customer to have this done at a Mazda main dealer who has the correct equipment and trained staff. In the uk, some replacement companies have geared up for this service while others are giving their customers this advice to go to the main dealers. ADAS is a new phase for replacement companies but, rather than a setback, it can be a good opportunity to develop the professionalism of this business.
Dempsterglass
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Replacing windshield on 2014 Mazda 6

Post by Dempsterglass »

Do yourself a favor and only use original factory glass.
Several automobile manufacturers have openly stated they will not warranty any issues with the system if a non OE (factory) glass is used.
For liability issues as well as compatibility issues I have only used factory OE glass with these equipped cars since first coming across these well over a decade and half ago while providing glass work for a MBZ dealership.
I send them to the dealer for recalibration as it is their system and their liability.
For what it's worth, only four have actually needed to be recalibrated according to dealer after close to easily 500 installs IIRC with these systems. They are becoming more prevalent and will be normal part of install in next decade.