i\'m new

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

You should read this book

Post by Anonymous »

Hi
I'v been visiting this forum a few times and LOVE it.

I am a female repair technitian all the way from South Africa.

I'v been in this business now for nearly 2 years and find the forum quite usefull, though I don't have the Delta system. All the comments and remarks helps one getting to know you people.

I must say that I am quite good in what I do, and people seem to think it strange for a lady to do this job. Why is that?

petra

i'm new

Post by Guest »

Petra,

Welcome to the forums! We're glad to have you here!

It's not strange at all for women to do this job, in fact we have quite a few customers who are women.

What kind of market is there in South Africa for windshield repair? What can you charge there for repairs?

Anyone here from farther away than South Africa?

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
[email]"jhiggins@deltakits.com"[/email]
www.deltakits.com
Anonymous

Re: i'm new

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Jeff

I live in a small (accoring to USA standards) town in the Boland Western Cape called Paarl. Its a lovely town with lots of tourist because it on the famous South African wine route.

We have quite a few second hand car dealers, and I maintain their windscreens. So I have about 14 garages as my clients. I also do private peoples cars for which I charge R135.00 and the garages pay R105.00 on a 60 day account. There is two other guys in town who also do repair work but we do not cross eachothers territory. I import resin from a company in Switzerland and even supply them with resin as well as some of the bigger companies in South Africa. (So I have a little extra going on the side.)

Greetings
Petra
Anonymous

i'm new

Post by Anonymous »

Hi Petra, I love your story, its sounds like you are a Smart lady, Good luck with your Biz and dont be afaird to post... Be sure to look for Graces post on here, she's another smart lady in the WSR Biz...