Insurance? Alotta q\'s here!

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
Windshield Guy

Insurance? Alotta q's here!

Post by Windshield Guy »

Hey everybody...

What kind of insurance would you all recommend to start off with for windshield replacement? Which company is the best to go with? Has anyone (hope not but it can happen) had a bad incident and had to deal with a claim or an accident -- if so, what were the effects on their business? Did they leave the WSR bizz or have any probs w/obtaining further insurance? Perhaps there is a precedent case someone knows about?

Thanks !!
AGSS

Re: Insurance? Alotta q's here!

Post by AGSS »

You didn't mention if you wanted commercial auto or general liability and garage keepers, I assume you are looking for some sort of general liability. can be pretty pricey but is needed especially if you plan to do any insurance work in addition many commercial accounts are now requesting a copy of your insurance certificate (probably because of the recent rash of gypsy glass companies sprouting about). As far as insurance claims go, I personally have never had a problem inwhich I had to file a claim with my ins. co. Most typical problems stress cracks, cut dashes, scratched paint ect. will be under $1000 and therefore for me, with my deductible, to small to claim. It would have to be something major for me to file a claim!!! JMO.
Windshield Guy

Post by Windshield Guy »

AGSS wrote:You didn't mention if you wanted commercial auto or general liability and garage keepers, I assume you are looking for some sort of general liability. can be pretty pricey but is needed especially if you plan to do any insurance work in addition many commercial accounts are now requesting a copy of your insurance certificate (probably because of the recent rash of gypsy glass companies sprouting about). As far as insurance claims go, I personally have never had a problem inwhich I had to file a claim with my ins. co. Most typical problems stress cracks, cut dashes, scratched paint ect. will be under $1000 and therefore for me, with my deductible, to small to claim. It would have to be something major for me to file a claim!!! JMO.

I meant for mobile repair... want to get trained properly and have the appropriate insurance behind me... general liability ...what with the immense safety issue it is replacing a windshield. Thanks for your input.
AGSS

Post by AGSS »

Windshield Guy wrote:what with the immense safety issue it is replacing a windshield. Thanks for your input.
Safety is a definate issue yes, but to me the industry is going too far with this.

:eusa_pray I know iam getting flamed for this one..