Help in Phoenix

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: Building a Basic Starter Kit

Post by Anonymous »

I just recieved my Delta kit and I can't seem to get the hang of it. I am doing it on the side for my company. Is there anyone in the Phoenix area that could show me the basic? thanks Rudy

Help in Phoenix

Post by Guest »

Rudy,

Give us a call. We have free unlimited technical support, so we'll help you through it!

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
[email]"jhiggins@deltakits.com"[/email]
www.deltakits.com
Anonymous

Re: Help in Phoenix

Post by Anonymous »

sure just me a call and I'll see what I can help you with, 602-717-9088
not olny that but I will be able to see the new delta kits equipment up close.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

rudy and I hooked up today and the plunger wasn't going through the white seal so no pressure was able to be applied to the break. after figuring this out by reading the instuctions but most of all seeing the equipment do what it's supose to do and it wasn't doing it, you had to force the plunger through the seal and in no way would it have gotten there by the spring loaded injector. your white seals have to be the closest tollerance I've ever seen or they need to be streched out a bit so they will allow the plunger through so they can allow the equipment to work( putting the seals on the injector end for a few minutes prior to a first repair). I don't think rudy ever would have figured it out on his own, and If he had a video I would think it would explain how the injecter would work and what he should have been looking for. maybe he just got a few bad seals I don't know, or maybe he's suppose to work the plunger through the opening a few times before attempting a repair. we've got it figured out now and he should be on his way with some repairs in the very near future.
seeing the equipment first hand I have to give delta some high marks on their fit and finish and craftsmenship of the products and the injectors, it was the new air pressure pump up handle holder and the ezk-injector.
when I'm ready to order more injectors I'll be getting some of these from delta.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Having just received my new Deltakits system and reading your post, I pulled out my new injectors and discovered the same extreme tightness of the fit. You've definately saved me a bunch of potential troubleshooting time.

Thanks
Anonymous

What a great catch

Post by Anonymous »

Delta can correct me if I am wrong..or clarfiy this but I don't be lieve the plunger should be going THRU the seal. There would be the added risk of it coming in contact with the glass itself and if whenrealeasing it from vaccum to pressure it slipping and creating more damage.The amount of resin that should be in the injector needs to be enough to to enable the injector when brought down TO the seal to provide enough pressure.
Anonymous

What a great catch

Post by Anonymous »

I really can't awnser that question, but everyone here who uses delta equipment and jeff him self says you only need to add 7 drops of resin, that is what we did and I didn't really see much happening in the break area.
maybe it could be the way we filled the resin into the injector we had the rod set at half way in the holder added our resin then as a unit screwed it in the holding device, we did not screw in the holder so that the seal touches the windshield first and then add our resin and then screw in the piston rod.

if everything is put together on the windshield and you add the resin then the rod arn't you just using air to push the resin in to the break, I didn't think thats the way it was suppose to be. I rember when whatching the rod fully extend its self that there is no way it will ever touch the windshield because it comes up short and the white seal is another 1/8 to 3/16 ths longer than the end of the injector so no metal will ever lay on the windshield.

so the big question would be does the rod go through the white seal to produce pressure or is it just air producing the pressure?
Anonymous

Re: What a great catch

Post by Anonymous »

Page 5, 11) ....

Normally the plunger will slide into the seal 1/8" to 3/16". Under no circumstances should you push the plunger all the way down or damage to the seal or the glass may occur.
Anonymous

According to the Deltakits Manual

Post by Anonymous »

I did my first repair the way Sprinter1 showed me, I pushed the plunger all the way down and I could see the resin going in to the star. Before I meet Sprinter1 I tried 3 repairs and had no luck. Thanks alot to Sprinter1 and Glassdoc, both were very helpful.
Anonymous

Thanks Sprinter1

Post by Anonymous »

no problem rudym, glad I could help you out.

thanks to jeff at delta and this board we sometimes can add a personal touch when needed.