the won and only dodge dakota BACKGLASS

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
streekyd

Re: the one and only dodge dakota BACKGLASS: TIP

Post by streekyd »

Tip:
Use water or an approved cutting fluid when making you cuts. This will help whatever cutting device you use to glide through the urethane. Afterwards be sure to clean and dry the bonding area according to the urethane mfg instructions for wet pinchwelds befor beginning your installation.
sydfloyd44

Re: the won and only dodge dakota BACKGLASS

Post by sydfloyd44 »

Lee, your point has been noted, appreciated and I do not totally disagree with you. I will certainly will look at my next Dakota slider in a different light. Let it go...

Hey Streekyd. Have you tried the new Sika Slick. Works GREAT!!! What a difference especially with the Express. Also makes the cold knife cut so much easier on the tight ones. Have always used water, but the SS is like butter.
streekyd

Post by streekyd »

SikaSlick is a great product and I have used it.

The reason I stated the comment the way I did is that not all urethane mfg's endorse the use of SikaSlick. That being said, always follow the instructions that come with a given product, to CYA!
Sika Slick has specific instructions that you should adhere to (pardon the pun I couldn't resist).

Okay, we know many use glass cleaner as a lubricant and no urethane mfg recommends its use, but installers and techs use it anyway.
Finch

Post by Finch »

It does not matter HOW the peice of glass comes out......what matters is that when the glass goes into the hole and the customer sees it that it LOOKS just like it did BEFORE you ever layed a hands on it. NO PRINTS, NO SHARDS OF GLASS, NO LEAKS.
Every installer has their own way of doing jobs. What matters is the structural integerity of the vehical is still there what you are done.