Safelite stealing jobs ???

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
Finch

Safelite stealing jobs ???

Post by Finch »

Has anyone come across an insurance job that has to go thru Safelit network only to show up on the day and time and have the customer tell you that a Safelite Glass company has already completed the job.
That after setting up the job with the network, Safelite called and said that they could do the job within a couple of hours. All the customer has to do is call the network back and change the name of the shop?

If this has happened to you I would like to hear from you. This has happend to me on 3 diffrent jobs.

Finch
streekyd

Re: Safelite stealing jobs ???

Post by streekyd »

I believe that is what the IGA LAWSUIT is all about, get on board.
http://www.glassbytes.com/newsIGARespon ... 050906.htm
Read this article.
LisaAZ

Post by LisaAZ »

That happens ALL the time in this industry. 99% of all the shops that involve Safelite in a claim have had the same experience that you have had. Most say they have to explain the situation to the customer, about who Safelite is, ie, not their actual carrier, but a TPA, and a competitor, and the customer can then remain firm on their legal right to choose your shop for the work when Safelite contacts them.
glassgeek

Post by glassgeek »

Here ya go

Give me a break! no pun intended... I have recordings or Safelites attemps to steer. The IGA is on the right track, Follow the news on thier site. In my opinion the posts from a "concerened SL empoyee" are corparate propaganda. A wolf in sheeps clothing.

Any company that mfg's glass is not a friend of the repair indusrty, If you understand that glass plants run 24/7, and that glass has got to be sold you will start to understand the problem.

AT least 50 percent of all windshields could be save by repair if it was done correctly and quickley after the damage was caused. Do you think the glass industry would support that? do you know the safelite mfg's glass.

Now consider that some repair material suppliers provide products to sell on glass mfg's sites and catalogs. They sell lots of stuff Hmmm... I would be concerened.

Metryx is part of PPG, Lynx is owned by PPG
Safelite Produces Glass
Belron is coming, Belron owns Glass Medic