Opinions/Comments

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

re: lettering

Post by Anonymous »

Please do not slam any companies. I'm only interested in respectful opinions and comments on the Liquid Resin company. I've narrowed my decision down to them and another company. Also, please don't tell me how great Delta is. I'm already aware of their products. I'm specifically looking for information as to wheather or not LR is a well respected company in the industry.
Thanks
Anonymous

Opinions/Comments

Post by Anonymous »

Hey Ben,
I wish that i could help you out with the liquid resins deal; however all of my resins are made from delta kits. I also know that you requested to have people not tell you about delta kits, but this is a website provided by thier company and I do think that a very large percentage of people using this sight use delta kits produced tools and materials.
Good Luck with your search, but to be honest with you, Delta Kits is proven to be effective and efficient so why would you walk away from that?

Chris~
WiseCrack Windshields, LLC.
WiseCrackWR@hotmail.com
503-574-2662
Anonymous

Resins...

Post by Anonymous »

I've used LR and still have their equipment and I can say that there like every other repair manufacturer, in respect to giving you factory support, great eqipment & resins and knowledge in the industry.
it always comes down to whats best for you, and how much equipment you want to use for a repair, all repairs being equal it still takes the same amount of time to do a repair, sometimes it goes faster and some times not, once your use to any equipment the repairs go smoothly. personal prefrence it what it boils down to.
are you going to be doing multiple repairs or one at a time, look at all manufacturers and compare apples to apples and talk to them all, I'm sure you'll find everyone you talk to top notch in his industry.

I've used LR since 94/95 never had any problems doing any repairs, I got a great deal on their master kit and thats why I went with them at that time. it was between LR and Delta.

with Deltas new injector you can set it and forget it pretty much do other repair set ups and come back and start finishing the first one you started, this can also bedone with other equipment as well but requiers more hands on.
Anonymous

Re: Resins...

Post by Anonymous »

I havent had 'hands on' with LR tools, so I cant say much about them. From their catalog and website, it looks fairly basic and probably not difficult to use. The tooling isnt nearly so important as the skill with which it is used. I used their resin when I first started, but didnt really like it much.. I found them to be very caustic. But that was 7 years ago, so it is possible that they have re-formulated since then? I dont know. I use Glass Technology acid-free resins, and get consistently good results.