A great niche

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: First Official Repair and Dirty Crack Question

Post by Anonymous »

We focus almost all of out marketing efforts on rv owners.

We do about 80 rv replacements a month and a few repairs on these.

If you can find a good Rv show, or rally and if you live in an area with lots of dealerships and rv parks you can make a good buck working this market.

The average price to replace a windshield in an RV is in the 700-900 dollar range. These people scratch out checks for that amount without batting an eye.

If you are an RV owner and have a chip on a windshield you are more than happy to write a check for $90-120 to have the chip repaired. Not only is it expensive to replace but it takes about a week to have the glass shipped and installed. It's a hassle.

I've heard of a company that travels the country to RV rallys and will do 30-40 repairs a day. (yes they are long days) but if there are a few thousand Rver's at a particular rally you will make a load of money for a few days worth of work.

I will be in Louisville Kentucky later this month for an Rv rally with about 20,000 registered participants there with their RV's. I won't be able to scratch the surface on the damage that will be there. It's only 4 days but will come back home with a few dollars to add to the bank deposit.
Anonymous

A great niche

Post by Anonymous »

Cracker,

You bet. The RV market has significant potential. We have a few accounts (Dealerships & Camp grounds) and they treat us well. I never thought about these rally's you speak of but you made me think of the possibility of an alliance. I have unlimited flight capabilities and if you wanted to team up for a few days that would be great. Contact me if your interested and we can discuss the details. If not, I completely understand.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]